Skyrocket Ventures is a recruiting firm for hundreds of high growth technology companies that range from industry leaders to top-tier startups. This opportunity is with one of our client companies for a full-time permanent hire. Please only apply if you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Please note that even if this job is not a perfect match, we encourage you to apply as long as it is in the ballpark. Companies are often flexible in hiring candidates who do not perfectly fit their written job description, as long as the most important qualifications are there and the candidate is good in general.
Most of the jobs we are recruiting for are not posted online, so if you would like to know of all the opportunities we have that match your interests and qualifications, then please get in touch with us.
Feel free to check out testimonials from some of our many candidates/clients here:
Front End Engineer - up to $250k - Social Good Startup
Location: The company has offices in New York City as well as San Francisco. As is typical these days, you would be working remotely with them until the pandemic subsides. After the pandemic subsides you could be based in either of their two offices or you could work 100% remotely if you prefer.
The company's product is in the realms of housing, real estate, and SaaS. Their product is both for consumers as well as b2b. It is primarily on mobile but also on web. The product is democratizing access to housing, and the company seeks people who would be passionate about the positive social impact they would have by building the product.
The company has 6 employees, is seed funded, and is much more mature and financially strong than typical startups at this stage and size. It already has millions of dollars in its revenue pipeline. Right now the company's Head of Engineering has been doing the front end engineering all by himself, and the front end engineering is the main bottleneck to them onboarding their many waiting customers more quickly. So they want someone who can come in and own the front end engineering.
The company will pay very competitive salary (up to $250k depending on experience) plus equity (about 1% give or take, depending on experience) which could be very lucrative since they are seeking to build a billion dollar company and are on pace to achieve that within the next few years.
- You would ideally be 100% front end, but depending on your preference you could be full stack up to 50% backend.
- Taking ownership over the product's user interfaces.
- Overhauling the user interface to optimize for speed and ease of use.
- Getting the mobile application to take less than 5 minutes for end-to-end completion.
- Working with Product/Design to develop a true self-service onboarding front end.
- Taking the initiative to identify UI/UX improvements and improve product features.
- At least 2 yeares of front end software engineering experience.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- A passion for solving problems that directly impact people, and for building a business that will make a massive and positive impact on society.
- Uncompromising moral integrity.
Nice to have:
- Expertise in React.
- Startup experience.
- Experience from top tier tech companies.
Did you like this job or want to see more? All of our online job postings can be found on these sites:
Follow us on Instagram here:
Follow us on LinkedIn here: