Provide Remote troubleshooting end to end network and application connectivity through packet tracing and routing analysis on Cisco, Checkpoint, Palo Alto, and AWS firewalls.
• Develop firewall rules for new application installs or application updates
• Document rules and submit through firewall provisioning process
• Understand data center firewall topology and communication paths
• Understand data center firewall security policies
• Understand application communications
• Work with application teams to understand application communication requirements
• Work with application teams to troubleshoot firewall related communications problems
Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
• Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
• Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
• Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
• Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company's security team
• Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
• Provide oncall support for critical production systems.
• Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Understanding of network security, including IPS.
• Knowledge of Cisco, Check Point, AWS and Palo Alto firewalls, preferably in both physical and virtual environments.
• Understanding of WAN routing and connectivity, including MPLS and VPN.
• Experience working with Linux and Windows server, including Active Directory and DNS
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Flexible, team player, "get-it-done" personality
• Ability to organize and plan work independently
• Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
• Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
• Experience working with AWS/Azure Cloud based services is required