Job DescriptionJob Summary:
Under general supervision, responsible for supporting the commercial and consumer loan areas for each affiliate bank in a pre-close environment. Incumbents will have primary responsibility for either loan document preparation OR pre-close flood review as described below.Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Loan Document Preparation:
- Enters loan data into document processing software on less complicated commercial and consumer loan products.
- Prepares and distributes to affiliate bank customers accurate loan documentation on approved loans.
- Accurately uploads/books loan to the system. Performs account maintenance.
- Must organize and prioritize incoming loan requests so that response times are met consistently.
- Communicates with affiliate bankers and lending staff to ensure proper selection of loan products and completion of loan documents.
- Pre-Close Flood Review:
- Orders Special Flood Hazard Determinations for qualifying Commercial Real Estate Loan requests.
- Reviews Special Flood Hazard Determination for accuracy and completeness.
- Responsible for notifying Borrower by U.S. mail if property is located in a Special Flood Hazard Area.
- Responsible for tracking Borrower notifications and maintaining accurate records.
- Completes the All in One Flood Calculation form to determine the appropriate amount of Flood Insurance required.
- Reviews Flood Insurance policies to determine compliance with policy and procedure.
- Communicates with bankers and lending staff to ensure compliance with all Regulatory and Synovus Policy requirements for Flood.
- Provides support to affiliate personnel.
- Remains up-to-date on documentation regulatory requirements in order to ensure loan quality.
- May provide other support functions or roles.
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
- Performs other related duties as required.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace.Minimum RequirementsMinimum Education:
High School Diploma or completion of GED.Minimum Experience:
One (1) year of job specific experience in consumer and/or commercial lending.Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Additional InformationPreferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge of commercial lending practices, compliance and documentation.
- Functional experience in various software and mainframe systems.
- PC/Windows knowledge.
- Accurate data entry and proofreading skills
- Knowledge of Word and Excel applications.