Working for Equity Residential means being part of a community - employees and residents - striving to provide the best in apartment living, speaking boldly about new ideas for innovation, and inspiring creativity in the ways we live and work. That's what our Be.Think.Play.Live. culture is all about.
Our Customer Service and Sales Representatives (CSSRs) are the heart of our Call Center, bringing people and apartment homes together. They are leaders in the art of connecting people to the right apartment homes, employing strengths in adaptability, creativity, and maintaining a breadth of portfolio knowledge to seamlessly bridge the gap between customers and communities all over the country. They are multitalented, personable individuals with a passion for building relationships. CSSRs are experts in developing rapport and inspiring trust over the phone, encouraging customers to make our communities their homes.
As a Customer Service and Sales Representative, you will receive inbound calls from apartment seekers all over the country, seeking to engage the callers in conversation while quickly building rapport and excitement through a high level of customer service. You will conduct customer needs assessments with your callers through active listening, answering questions regarding pricing, availability, location, amenities and the benefits of the communities. By helping prospective residents identify a community that meets their needs, you will be contributing to Equity Residential's goal to ensure that each community achieves qualified traffic, maximizes its leasing potential, and achieves customer satisfaction and loyalty.
WHO YOU ARE
* A Strong Communicator. Your writing and speaking skills are clear and effective, helping you connect well with others.
* A Team Player. You are united with teammates in delivering the best experience to current and prospective residents.
* Organized. You are flexible and able to juggle appointments and personal interactions with teammates and residents smoothly.
* Creative. You are an idea person and like coming up with smart solutions to new challenges.
* Caring. You put yourself in others' shoes and strive for positive outcomes.
* Motivated. You invest extra energy to reach your goals.
* Solution-Oriented. You follow through on commitments, letting customers know that they matter.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
* Deliver uncompromising customer service that builds and maintains customer excitement, loyalty and promotes brand recognition and awareness.
* Provide information to prospective residents about communities that suit their needs, inviting clients to tour communities or process their applications directly over the phone.
* Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with on-site property management teams.
* Accurately and efficiently document and track all calls, completing necessary related paperwork, reports, and files.
* Maintain an accurate and in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the communities, particularly in areas such as pricing and specials information, pet and other property policies, amenities at the property, schools and other local conveniences, etc.
* Support the overall marketing efforts and offer input and suggestions in regards to promotions, advertisements, etc.
* Prior sales and service experience in customer service and/or sales (call center, leasing, retail, banking, or other related fields)
* Demonstrated proficiency in working with computers including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Google, calendar management, software/database, and social media
* Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Available to work any shift, Sunday-Saturday, 6 a.m. - 7 p.m.
* This position is remote (work from home) in the following locations- Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Texas, Washington, Washington DC.
* Call Center and/or leasing experience
* College degree or coursework
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.50-$18.00 per hour, plus annual bonus potential of 3.5% and commissions.
Working for Equity Residential (EQR), a leading multi-family real estate investment trust (REIT), means living our purpose: creating communities where people thrive. It means striving to provide the best in apartment living, speaking boldly about new ideas for innovation, and inspiring creativity in the ways we work together.
Our portfolio of high-quality properties in urban growth markets - New York City, Boston, Washington DC, Seattle, San Francisco, Southern California, and Denver - provides homes where people most want to live, work and play. We've got the best people in the business, as evidenced by our employee engagement scores and customer loyalty ratings. That's why our employees say they are proud to work at Equity, a company that gives our residents a place where they can Live Remarkably, and offers a culture where our employees have the opportunity to thrive.
When you join Equity Residential, you won't be treated as simply another employee - you will be considered a partner in our shared success. As such, we are committed to investing in your personal success through a benefits program that supports your Total Wellbeing.
We recognize that everyone has different needs outside of work. That's why, in addition to a competitive benefits package (medical, dental, vision and paid time off), we offer many unique benefits options to employees, like a comprehensive wellness program, pet insurance, new parent benefits, and paid time off for community service projects. In addition to your next job, you can also find your next home with us! Rent discounts on Equity Residential apartment homes are available to our benefits-eligible employees. The amount of the discount offered is determined based on the market, ranging upwards from 20%. Learn more about our Total Wellbeing program here.
At Equity Residential, like our residents, our employees come from everywhere. A richly diverse work environment captures top talent, cultivates the best ideas, and creates the widest possible platform for success. By focusing on inclusion, these differences are harnessed to create value - in ideas, business practices, relationships, and employee engagement. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to maintaining a diverse, inclusive and equitable work environment where our employees can thrive.
All aspects of the employment process are merit-based. Every Equity employee is expected to maintain a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment. Equity Residential does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, sexual/gender identity/expression, age, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation or related medical conditions), physical or mental disability, national origin, citizenship status, military (including uniformed service member or protected veteran) status, marital status, genetic characteristic or information, ancestry or any other characteristic protected by law. Equity Residential also prohibits retaliation against individuals who report harassment or discrimination, or participate in investigations into such conduct.