Leading company specializing in the design of control solutions for the building automation industry is seeking to fill the following position: CAD Operator
The CAD Operator, under general supervision, will be responsible for taking engineering notes, specifications, rough sketches, etc., and formalize them into working drawings. These drawings will are a key component in the design of custom, state of the art, electronic and DDC control systems.
a. Preparing submittal documentation (i.e,. data sheets)
b. Maintain project drawing files, and associated records and documentation tracking &
maintaining as-built drawings
c. Provide AutoCAD and BIM drafting and design support for various level Building
Automation System (BAS) Design Engineers during the design stages of the project.
d. Prepare electronic systems drawing including Floor plan layouts, riser diagrams, panel
control wiring diagram, electrical interconnection drawing, and termination drawings.
2. Improve department by
a. Applying and maintaining AutoCAD standards, templates, and processes.
b. Recommending improvements in AutoCAD standards, templates and processes.
c. Documenting new AutoCAD templates for possible adoption as an engineering standard.Benefits
1. Proficient in the use of standard office computer programs such as MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
2. Proficient in Full Version of AutoCAD release 2015 and AutoCAD LT release 2015.
3. Strong knowledge of drafting/engineering practices and methods.
4. Knowledge of accepted drawing sheet sizes, AutoCAD Pen Table Files (.ctb) and plotting of drawing sheets on a wide format plotter and Adobe Pdf.
5. An understanding of Model Space, Paper Space and Scale Factors to create and edit drawings using AutoCAD.
6. Experience with configuring and updating AutoCAD External Reference Files (Xrefs).
7. Outstanding skill in written communication to understand written and verbal information (including instructions, descriptions, and ideas) and to express such information verbally and in writing so that others will understand.
8. Ability to work on several projects simultaneously with varying scope and effectively prioritize workload to ensure deliverables are met.
9. Knowledge of AutoCAD Dynamic Block creation, a plus.
10. Knowledge of electrical and electronic theory and principles related to HVAC controls, direct digital controllers (DDCs), a plus
11. Knowledge of building mechanical and electrical equipment functions and use, HVAC systems controls applications, hardware and software products, a plus.
12. Experience in BIM coordination/modeling, a plus.
13. Experience with Navisworks, BIM 360 Glue, a plus