About our Claims Analytics and Data Manager:
The Claims Analytics and Data Manager will be responsible for helping our department use data to drive high performance and quality, as well as gathering new and valuable business insights to drive competitive advantages. The successful candidate will organize our Analytics function and provide leadership for development efforts, as well as training and mentoring for Claims Analyst staff.
- Build, develop and maintain data models, reporting, dashboards and performance metrics that support key business decisions
- Oversee the design and delivery of reports and insights that analyze business functions and key operations and performance metrics.
- Ensure accuracy of data and deliverables of reporting employees with comprehensive policies and processes.
- Oversee the data/report requests process: tracking requests submitted, prioritization, approval, etc.
- Develop and implement quality controls and departmental standards to ensure quality standards, organizational expectations, and regulatory requirements.
- Recruit, train, develop and supervise analyst-level employees.
- Manage and optimize processes for data intake, validation, mining and engineering as well as modeling, visualization and communication deliverables.
- Organize and drive successful completion of data insight initiatives through effective management of analyst and data employees and effective collaboration with stakeholders.
- Communicate results and business impacts of insight initiatives to stakeholders within and outside of the department.
- Working with UK and other Admiral Analytics teams to support group performance initiatives
- Keep abreast of industry news and trends
NOTE: This role is fully remote if you want it to be. Candidates from across the USA are encouraged to apply. Our entire company is fully remote at this time through late 2021. As we phase back into a hybrid remote-working setup in the future, you may be expected to travel to our office location in Richmond, VA a few times per year.
- 2+ years of Analytics experience and/or analytics management
- Experience with data modeling
- High level of attention to detail and quality output
- Able to work on numerous projects simultaneously
- Analytical background with strong problem solving, critical-thinking, quantitative and analytical abilities.
- Strong overall technical skills
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- Able to take direction and complete tasks independently
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly
- Highly customer-oriented
- Fluent in English written and verbal communication
- Strong ability to plan and manage numerous processes, people and projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and delegation skills
- Business Intelligence tools experience (Microstrategy preferred)
- Bachelor's degree
- Working knowledge of data mining principles: predictive analytics, mapping, collecting data from multiple data systems on premises and cloud-based data sources.
- Strong SQL skills, ability to perform effective querying involving multiple tables and subqueries.
- Understanding of and experience using analytical concepts and statistical techniques: hypothesis development, designing tests/experiments, analyzing data, drawing conclusions, and developing actionable recommendations for business units.
- Experience and knowledge of statistical modeling techniques: GLM multiple regression, logistic regression, log-linear regression, variable selection, etc.
- Experience writing advanced SAS code statements, models, and macros.
- Experience working with and creating databases and dashboards using all relevant data to inform decisions.
- Experience using analytics techniques to contribute to company growth efforts, increasing revenue and other key business outcomes.
Essential Job Functions:
- Able to sit at a desk for the duration of an 8 - 9 hour shift
- Able to look at a computer screen for the duration of an 8 - 9 hour shift
- Have the manual dexterity to type on a standard keyboard for the duration of an 8 - 9 hour shift
- Flexible hours
Elephant Insurance Service LLC is an equal opportunity employer.