100% Remote position.
No OPT/CPT candidates.
Our Government client is looking for an experienced Data Engineer on a renewable 12+ months contract in Washington DC Metro area.
Position - Data Engineer
A Data Engineer on this project will be responsible for leading the architecture and setup of a Hadoop Cloudera hosted data lake as well as the ingestion pipeline and processing for datasets, working closely with Agile software development team(s). This role includes responsibilities such as creating and managing schedules for data management (migration, integration.) efforts, working with clients to validate migrated data, working with Agile development teams to understand changes and their impacts towards data migration efforts, among other tasks. The individual should have hands-on experience working with Hadoop clusters and the following services: HDFS, Sqoop, Flume, Pig, Hive, Nifi, and, Kafka
- Develop data ingestion pipelines using Sqoop, Flume, Pig, and/or Nifi
- Develop cleansed data sets from ingested data to be used for reports, metrics, models or other analytical products
- Monitor data ingestion pipelines for failures and provide recommendations to remediate
- Provide recommendations to enhance the environments with performance improvements or additional open-source tools and technologies
- Monitor three Hadoop clusters for uptime, job failures, and backups
- Ability to Obtain and Maintain a Government Security Clearance
- 2+ years relevant professional experience
- 2+ years data engineering, data management and transformation experience
- 2+ years experience with Hadoop Architecture
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or other business-related field
Please respond with your resume in MS Word format
Selected candidate will have background check
Vector Consulting, Inc., (Headquartered in Atlanta) is an IT Talent Acquisition Solutions firm committed to delivering results. Since our founding in 1990, we have been partnering with our customers, understanding their business, and developing solutions with a commitment to quality, reliability and value. Our continuing growth has been and continues to be built around successful relationships that are based on our organization's operating philosophy and commitment to ** People, Partnerships, Purpose and Performance - THE VECTOR WAY