Prodigy is hiring for an AWS/Linux Admin role that will play a key role in supporting our client's cloud operations/migrations program supporting the VA (Veterans Affairs). This is a 100% remote role that requires U.S. citizenship due to the nature of the program. This role will provide input and operational support for the operations, maintenance, and refinement of the VA's enterprise cloud computing environment. The work will entail migrating new and legacy applications and services to the cloud and continuously improving the VA's infrastructure environment.
- Assist Cloud Architects to provide operations and migration services that enable VA to tailor the availability and delivery of cloud computing services based on business and technical requirements.
- Utilize the future VA Enterprise Cloud Operational Tools (VAECOT), CSP native portals and tools, and/or other VA TRM-approved tools necessary to provide operations and migration support.
- Utilize automation tool such as Terraform, Ansible, or similar.
- Assist with upgrading, installing, and configure monitoring solution for AWS for Windows and Linux servers.
- Maintain gold images/scripts.
- Assisting with reporting on current infrastructure status, and planning for future usage.
Must Have Qualifications:
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline OR AWS/Azure Certification (AWS Professional / Specialty Cert. OR Azure Expert / Advanced Cert.)
- 4 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Must have thorough knowledge to create plans to assure effective management, operations, and maintenance of systems and/or networks.
- Able to prioritize work and identify high risk critical problems and dedicate appropriate resources.
- Extensive knowledge of a wide variety of systems and networks to include high volume/high availability systems.
- Able to pass a background check to obtain a Public Trust
- Previous Federal Government experience preferably at VA
- IBM Rational Toolset for management, configuration and reporting of work products.
- Experience working in a CMMI-DEV or CMMI-SVC environment at Maturity Level 3 or above.
- One or more Microsoft or Amazon cloud certifications
- ITIL certification or experience with ITIL
- Active clearance for Public Trust (High-Risk) Position
- Experience with an Agile and DevOps model.
- Experience with at least one configuration technology including: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant hands-on experience cloud experience in administering Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure.