Remote Accounting Assistant(A/R)
location: Durham, North Carolina
Duration: 6 months (High possibility of extension)
- The main function of an accounting assistant is to compute, classify, and record numerical data to keep financial records complete.
- A typical accounting assistant is responsible for a wide range of technology and can work in areas closely related to computers.
- Classify, record, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals and ledgers or computers.
- Calculate, prepare, and issue bills, invoices, account statements, and other financial statements according to established procedures. Debit, credit, and total accounts on computer spreadsheets and databases using specialized accounting software.
- Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and critical thinking.
- Ability to work independently and manage one's time.
- Ability to apply accounting and mathematical principles to work as needed. Knowledge of federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations as related to accounting.
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and any other related accounting software