The main responsibilities of this position are to manage the team, release systems and applications, and ensure the stability of the release.
- Lunch platform features, enhancements, and bug fixes into live based on release calendar or SLLA-related cases.
- Ensure all released cases/features are working properly as expected in the staging phase before releasing it to live.
- Enhance the staging environment to reach the typical efficiency for the testing and matching live scenarios.
- Measure the stability of the platform and ensure that the release will be launched at the perfect time that will not lead to any impact on the clients or the operation process.
- Monitor the platform behavior and perform a pre-action to ensure the platform's stability and apply the enhancement/fix before receiving complaints on those areas.
- Enhance release workflow to reach maximum efficiency and stability to the platform.
- Enhance SLA for the release process which complies with the concerned function area.
- Work on assigned tasks if exists.
- Collaborate with the development and software operations engineering manager regarding the tasks/features that should be released if required, and provide the release highlight reports on released tasks/features to show either the brief on the released cases including effects that appear after the release or the stability of the launch.
- Manage the team and provide technical advice if required to close the team tasks.
- Review team tasks and make sure about the accuracy of the solutions.
- To be involved in defining coding standards.
- Discover training needs and provide the required coaching to the team.
- Lead the team and consider their feedback and solve any conflicts.
- Plan and organize team-building activities.
- Involvement in the hiring process for new team members.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the same field of systems release
- Proven leadership experience and skills
- Hands-on experience in developing and reviewing Laravel and PHP projects.
- Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases, and caching systems
- Knowledge of DevOps and microservices architecture is a plus