At NextCapital, our Relationship Managers channel our expertise, resources, and commitment to our customers' success to scale adoption, create forecastable growth, and ensure our customers' long-term success with us. We partner with our customers to unlock the solution and market strategies that will deliver better outcomes for their clients and partners. We want to make customers for life who become our best channel for growth through references and expansion.
We're disrupting a market, which means we need strong Relationship Management to leverage best practices while encouraging iteration and learning. This role will define and evolve key account strategies to broaden our reach across and deeper into our growing enterprise customer account base. The ideal candidate will have experience managing complex accounts, understand software adoption lifecycles, lean on data and insights, and work effectively with cross-functional teams (internally and within our customers) to enable our customers' long-term success while informing and aligning with NextCapital's strategic direction and initiatives.At this time, NextCapital does NOT offer future work sponsorship***
What You'll Do
- Manage a portfolio of 2-4 of NextCapital's strategic accounts, from initial sale through their adoption and long-term success with NextCapital solutions
- Establish a relationship with customer stakeholders and executive sponsors to become a strategic trusted advisor by understanding key business drivers and defining shared outcomes and success
- Develop and manage strategic account plans and business reviews that can be used to create internal and customer alignment with desired outcomes
- Identify, develop, and close solution expansion opportunities, partnering with Business Development and NextCapital executive sponsors to maximize growth potential while ensuring a frictionless experience for our customers
- Facilitate regular Executive Business reviews to enhance NextCapital's partnerships with our customers and to inform and maintain strategic alignment
- Work with our Customer Success Services, Solution Architecture, and Product Design teams to identify opportunities to serve the customer in a way that expands and optimizes their use of NextCapital's platform and solutions
- Work cross-functionally to identify and analyze success drivers and areas of risk, and partner with stakeholder leadership within CS, Sales, and Product to implement continued improvements across the customer lifecycle
- Nurture and identify customer references for use in sales, product, and community activities
- Work with Customer Success, Product, Client Operations, and Business Development to institutionalize the voice of the customer and other closed-loop customer feedback programs
WHERE THIS ROLE MAY LEAD YOU
- Collaborate closely with the Relationship and Project Managers managing our channel partners to ensure alignment, effective communication, and seamless solution onboarding, launch, and successful adoption of solutions
- Proactively manage and own the renewals process from start to closure
- Growth within Relationship Management to oversee a portfolio of our largest financial partners, growing their footprint to multi-billion dollar accounts
- Senior management visibility to influence Advisor channel and solution strategy
- Cross-functional movement into Business Development, Solutions Architecture, Product Management, or Customer Experience
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- You have 3-5 years of experience in enterprise account management, Customer Success, or a related role with revenue accountability, ideally in a SaaS environment
- You have highly effective communication skills you are able to translate complex issues in an understandable way to C-level executives and to a diverse array of internal and external stakeholders.
- You have excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- You are focused on data and metrics to garner insights and deliver value.
- You are a quick learner and tend to approach the unknown with creativity and curiosity.
- You have demonstrated the ability to handle difficult customers or situations under pressure and can drive to resolutions.
- You have the willingness and ability to have uncomfortable conversations, internally and with our customers, that build trust, candor, and the paths for mutual success.
- You can build and nurture relationships with multiple stakeholders at your customers to solidify our partnership and commitment to their success.
- You can demonstrate empathy and a unique ability to understand customer needs.
- As a nice to have, you understand the value chain of Retail Wealth management and the Defined Contribution marketplace or have had some exposure to working in the Financial Services industry.
- It would be a plus if you have experience with SFDC; account management or Customer Success software.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE IT
- Disrupt the financial advice industry by bringing affordable, easy to use financial tools to millions of people
- Have a direct impact on the growth and scale of the company
- Enjoy a laid back work environment & learn from FinTech's best & brightest
- Receive great benefits like stock options, 401(k) match, and top notch health benefits
- As the COVID-19 pandemic cools down, participate in company-sponsored cornhole leagues, Thursday After Hours (cards, video games, treats), company outings, wine tastings, fantasy sports leagues, hackathons and other fun events
- Relax with monthly, company wide, guided meditation sessions
- Participate in women in tech events and service days at local organizations
- Enjoy "Summer Hours" whereby our firm is 'closed' every Friday afternoon from April 23, 2021 through Labor Day
- Enjoy the flexibility of working fully remote, partially remote, fully physical, or a mashup of each. And whatever you choose, enjoy a newly built-out office on Michigan Avenue with a view of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan
- And, yes, in our physical space, you can sip locally roasted coffee, kombucha, or craft beer at your modular sitting/standing desk