R19600 - Regulatory Reporting Sales Sales Specialist - Equities & Regs division - New-York & Chicago
This is a Sales appointment in IHS Markit's NY/ Chicago office Sales Team with responsibility for supporting the business development and account management for our Regulatory Reporting global service. This position will have a focus on identifying, qualifying, and closing new opportunities in the Unite States. The successful candidate will have broad experience in financial markets, a proven track record selling financial software (Listed Futures, OTC Trade Processing and Regulatory Reporting preferred), account management, and the ability to manage complex relationships.
Expertise in Regulatory Reporting (SEC, CFTC, Canada) is a plus. Duties & Accountabilities:
Education & Experience:
- Development and execution of sales plans with assigned quota
- Direct sales of our Regulatory Reporting' s suite of solutions
- Generate and follow up on leads, qualify leads and prioritize opportunities
- Deliver and co-ordinate customer presentations and demonstrations
- Relationship maintenance and development of key relationships to generate active sponsorship.
- Work with, and influence activities of IHS Markit as appropriate
- Work with legal on the execution of contracts
- Renewal of existing contracts
- Strategic work and thinking with client base to identify new initiatives and partnership opportunities
- Internal communication and reporting
- Maintain understanding of competitive activity relevant to industry sector. Attend industry conferences and forums
- Minimum of 5-10 years of proven sales experience
- Solution selling mentality and proof of exceeding quota annually each year in sales
- Track record of sales hunting
- Willingness to work towards achieving goals in a changing and challenging environment
- Knowledge and experience of capital markets and the OTC trade processing and Regulatory Reporting space.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong inter-personal and influencing skills
- Specific experience with derivatives (listed and OTC) and the buyside will be a big advantage
- Ability to learn and understand product solutions and features
- Key requirement of creating and managing new accounts towards the main objective of driving new revenues year-on-year in line with the sales plan
- Management requirements
- Ability to inspire and influence peers and colleagues across the firm through industry expertise and excellence in all aspects of communication and leadership
- Personal impact
- Must be able to manage senior level meetings and navigate complex organizations
- Good communication skills both written and verbal required for complex commercial and business discussions
- Needs to build internal relationships as well as external ones. Important to have the confidence of product managers and other salespeople. Team player and willing to progress in a rapidly changing environment
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.