Description About this role Team Overview
Regulatory Operations is a growing team that finds innovative solutions to building BlackRock's regulatory applications and processes. Our team is part of the Technology and Operations department at BlackRock and makes up around one third of the firms employees.
Regulatory Operations plays a meaningful role crafting and implementing BlackRock's most complex and critical regulatory reporting processes. The team acts as the translation layer between Legal & Compliance, Technology, Project, and Operations teams. We help to define data governance and own a number of controls for ongoing data management. We are also highly involved in the development and expansion of our regulatory applications.
Working in Regulatory Operations requires strong problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills. Your role would involve analyzing our new and changing regulatory obligations, to understand their impact on our business. Then building creative solutions to regulatory requirements, with a focus on the completeness and accuracy of our data.
The ideal candidate is someone who enjoys shifting challenges and broad change. Thinks creatively and strategically about the full scope of their projects. They have the confidence to express their opinion and ask questions. Encourages open dialogue when brain storming and can also lead detailed conversations to an effective outcome. Responsibilities:
- Conduct analysis of data and business processes to define how regulations apply to BlackRock's operating & technology platform, in partnership with Legal & Compliance regulatory interpretations
- Partner with technology and business team stakeholders to design, test and implement scalable and robust solutions and controls
- Operate specific controls owned within the team, including clear communication and escalation where required
- Drive improvement and automation of oversight controls via SQL, Python, RPA and partnership with technology teams
- Stay up-to-date on regulatory trends impacting BlackRock
- Minimum 3 years' relevant experience
- Experience of business process analysis, design and documentation
- Experience of functional testing design and execution
- Results-driven individual with strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Exhibits strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to clearly communicate objectives and articulate the rationale behind those goals
- Self-motivated: able to show initiative and come up with ideas without prompting
- Strong communication and presentation skills (written and verbal)
- Technical aptitude, ideally SQL, Python and/or RPA skills.
- Ideally experience of regulations impacting financial services, especially asset management
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.