Making the health system work better for everyone isn't just our motivation. It's our responsibility, and it's behind every single decision we make. As a Regulatory Affairs Consultant, you will be part of a team of regulatory / compliance professionals. You will develop relationships with representatives of federal and state regulatory and enforcement agencies to ensure effective communication and cooperation. This is the opportunity of a lifetime to make a real difference and do your life's best work.(sm)
This position's job function maintains and enhances relationships with state regulators and/or interfaces with business regarding regulatory affairs. Other responsibilities include preparing and submitting insurance form and binder filings to state insurance departments as well as filings of Qualified Health Plan Applications for Exchange participation to state insurance departments and CMS in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and working with regulators and internal legal and business teams to appropriately address objections and inquiries. Specifically, this position will support the Individual Exchange work required from a regulatory perspective.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 6+ years of experience working in health care, managed care and/or health insurance
- 6+ years of State Filings experience; preferably with forms
- Strong computer skills with previous experience with MS Office, Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Experience filing QHP Applications in HIOS to CMS
- Familiarity with SERFF
- Strong organizational and communication skills; and ability to pay close attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing projects and ad hoc requests
- Ability to function independently in a fast-paced environment
- Achievement-oriented to meet regulatory deadlines
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement.The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Regulatory Affairs Consultant, SERFF, HIOS, QHP, CMS, State Filings, UHC, UnitedHealth Care, UHG, UnitedHealth Group, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Remote, Work from Home, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota