Who is Trace3?
Trace3 is a leading Transformative IT Authority, providing unique technology solutions and consulting services to our clients. Equipped with elite engineering and dynamic innovation, we empower IT executives and their organizations to achieve competitive advantage through a process of Integrate, Automate, Innovate.
Our culture at Trace3 embodies the spirit of a startup with the advantage of a scalable business. Employees can grow their career and have fun while doing it!
Trace3 is headquartered in Irvine, California. We employ more than 1,200 people all over the United States. Our major field office locations include Denver, Indianapolis, Grand Rapids, Lexington, Los Angeles, Louisville, Houston, San Francisco.
Ready to discover the possibilities that live in technology?
Come Join Us!
Street-Smart - Thriving in Dynamic Times
We are flexible and resilient in a fast-changing environment. We continuously innovate and drive constructive change while keeping a focus on the “big picture.” We exercise sound business judgment in making high-quality decisions in a timely and cost-effective manner. We are highly creative and can dig deep within ourselves to find positive solutions to different problems.
Juice - The “Stuff” it takes to be a Needle Mover
We get things done and drive results. We lead without a title, empowering others through a can-do attitude. We look forward to the goal, mentally mapping out every checkpoint on the pathway to success, and visualizing what the final destination looks and feels like.
Teamwork - Humble, Hungry and Smart
We are humble individuals who understand how our job impacts the company's mission. We treat others with respect, admit mistakes, give credit where it’s due and demonstrate transparency. We “bring the weather” by exhibiting positive leadership and solution-focused thinking. We hug people in their trials, struggles, and failures – not just their success. We appreciate the individuality of the people around us.
About the Role:
The Regional VP is responsible for the overall guidance and profitability of the Region through execution of Trace3’s strategic plan. The VP will create an environment for Regional and foundational success through our clients, employees, and partners. The GM will be a savvy cultural ambassador and talent magnet with the ability to attract and retain “A” Players that are aligned to Trace3’s Core Values.
This position reports directly to the President and will partner with other leaders in the business to execute company objectives. The VP will be accountable for developing the Region’s annual business plan, consistent with the vision and objectives set by the CEO and the President, to promote revenue, profitability, and growth of the Region.
What You’ll Do:
- Leads the TOLA Regional Team by providing clarity of vision, prioritizing resources, facilitating team alignment, setting high expectations, inspiring commitment, encouraging mutual support, and enabling development opportunities.
- Provides leadership to employees through effective communications, coaching, training, and development. Ensures that performance expectations are clear and aligned with the strategic goals and responsibilities of the Region and that performance is fairly assessed and feedback is provided to employees across the Region. Oversees efforts to identify skill and resource gaps and to take actions to address them.
- Communicates and supports the Trace3 vision, mission, values, and culture to ensure all employees strive towards stated company goals. Leads by “bringing the weather” and builds positive working relationships and networks with internal and external customers, peers, colleagues, and suppliers.
- Attends client facing regional events and conducts quarterly town halls within each assigned Region. Provides executive presence to top accounts, clients, partners, and internal events.
- Responsible for account assignments, account management escalations and oversight of net new client acquisition. Will also establish aggressive and realistic annual performance goals for each sales team within the Region. Assists sales representatives in developing strategic sales strategies designed to drive business through assigned markets and prospects.
- Interacts regularly with the operations team to ensure that the Region’s operational priorities are aligned with Trace3’s company direction. Acts as liaison between Region and HQ to inform the team of communications, decisions, policies, and all matters that affect their performance, attitudes, and results.
- Meets quarterly with other GM leaders. Partner and collaborate with the Consulting Teams to deliver and present industry best programs and services to clients.
- Develops and implements multi-year business and profitable growth strategies for a Region to deliver increased market share by managing financial performance; assessing economic factors, demographic trends, and competitive strategy; enhancing the Trace3 brand; and leveraging relationships with key stakeholders.
- Reviews monthly financial reports and quarterly EBITDA analysis reports for the Region and takes appropriate corrective action to ensure that the Region is achieving its financial goals. Accesses P&L at a detailed level, including ERP, CRM, expense approval, and projecting profitability based on past experiences.
- Determines Regional headcount staffing and compensation needs are met based upon the profitability of the Region and ensures compliance with established budgets.
- Analyzes and mitigates risk to the Region (i.e., relative to competition, labor threats, compliance needs, etc.) by proactively monitoring internal and external risk opportunities to the company; develops an action plan; and utilizes the Region team to execute the plan.
Qualifications & Interests:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 10 years related experience in a VAR/Integrator and minimum of 7 years in a leadership role
- Minimum of 5 years of P&L management, budget preparation, and fiscal management experience (ideally as GM or equivalent leadership level)
- Thorough understanding of designated IT market, key industry partners, and trends in the marketplace
- Demonstrates ability to work creatively and collaboratively with the senior leadership team to achieve company goals; assertive and tenacious in style, but respectful of others, and skilled in navigating competing organizational priorities and agendas
- Strong relationship builder with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills both within an organization and externally with clients; ability to influence and negotiate with clients
- Proven experience in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures
- Proven record of hiring, developing, and building successful teams
- Conflict resolution and/or mediation skills
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, excellent time management skills and able to effectively prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, high-volume, and evolving work environment
- Ability to approach customer and sales requests with a proactive and consultative manner; listen and understand user requests and needs and effectively deliver
- Comfortable managing multiple and changing priorities, and meeting deadlines in an entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to travel when needed
- Holds a valid drivers license
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans for you and your dependents
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match, 529 College Savings Plan, Health Savings Account, Life Insurance, and Long-Term Disability
- Competitive Compensation
- Training and development programs
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Collaborative and cool culture
- Work-life balance and generous paid time off
***To all recruitment agencies: Trace3 does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, Trace3 employees or any other company location. Trace3 is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.