About Choice Hotels...
In the hospitality industry, people matter.
Choice Hotels International, Inc. (NYSE: CHH) is one of the largest lodging franchisors in the world. Choice currently franchises more than 7,100 hotels, representing nearly 600,000 rooms, in more than 40 countries and territories. Ranging from limited service to full-service hotels in the upscale, midscale, extended-stay and economy segments, the Choice family of hotel brands provides business and leisure travelers with a range of high-quality lodging options throughout the United States and internationally. At our worldwide corporate headquarters in Washington DC Metro Area (Rockville, MD), and IT center in Scottsdale, AZ, and through our field associates across the globe, we keep those hotels humming by serving as a champion for our franchisees.
When you #MakeItYourChoice
, you will have the environment, the tools, and momentum to drive your career and organizational success.The Role...
The Regional Vice President (RVP), Franchise Sales - Foundation Brands is responsible for meeting and exceeding growth of conversions of hotels in the Midwest Region, which includes Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, and South Dakota. Foundation brands include Rodeway, Econolodge, Quality Inn, Clarion, and
Clarion Pointe. The RVP will proactively build and leverage relationships and network with developers and industry groups as well as build relationships with finance, hotel development, and other related communities.
The RVP, Franchise Sales reports to the Vice President, Franchise Sales.Primary Duties & Accountabilities...Sales Execution:
Industry/Market Strategy & Activities:
- Provides input into the development of the Market Area Strategic Business Plan. Executes against the Business Plan and builds a pipeline of prospective franchisees in order to meet or exceed set goals/quotas for conversions, new construction and adaptive reuse projects of hotels in the assigned Market Area.
- Ability to use sales and resource tools to develop appropriate pipeline opportunities.
- Communicates the Choice Hotels value proposition to prospective franchisees.
- Communicates and manages internal relations with Area Directors and internal associates to foster growth opportunities for the assigned brands and Choice Hotels.
- Manages the contract/approval process and collaborates with Franchise Administration and other internal resources to ensure timely information flow and application processing.
- Links franchisees to financial programs, conversion opportunities, or partnership dollars.
- Collaborates with Franchise Services to effectively upgrade/replace existing inventory in accordance with the Market Area Plan and to ensure brand identity compliance.
- Works and collaborates with the brand head and operations team to improve the quality of the deals brought into the pipeline as well as the overall performance of the brand.
Skills, Educational Background & Experience...
- Performs competitive and SWOT analyses of assigned Market Area. Keeps up on industry developments and market trends and collaborates with VP on adjustments to the Business Plan.
- Builds relationships in the Finance, Construction, Hotel Development, and other related communities in the assigned Market Area. Actively participates in professional and industry groups and is recognized internally with Choice Hotels and externally in the marketplace as an "expert".
- Represents Choice Hotels at franchise-related events, trade shows, etc.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in hospitality, franchising, real estate development, or related field.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong track record of success in developing sales strategy, gaining internal support and driving execution and business results.
- Broad based business acumen and ability to collaborate with business leaders across organizational lines.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demeanor.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Choice Hotels' brands, sales and marketing strategies, and service offerings.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications such as Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Prior experience using CRM applications is desirable.
- Ability to travel up to 85% of the time.
Ability to model Choice's Cultural Values: Welcome and Respect Everyone, Be Bold, Be Quick, Listen, Be Curious and Show Integrity.