As a member of our Claims management team supervise claims staff to ensure appropriate claim outcomes through consistent execution of best claims practice. In this role utilize your prior claims and management experience to achieve business plan goals and to ensure compliance with legal statutes, policy provisions and company guidelines while fostering a culture of communication.
- Manages the assignment of losses to claims staff and provides technical direction and ongoing guidance through effective diary management.
- Ensures timely, accurate documentation of claim activity.
- Selects, trains, coaches and mentors unit personnel.
- Plans staff responsibilities and directs activities, utilizing staff resources effectively to meet department goals in accordance with approved plans and budgets.
- Develops staff to respond to current and anticipated needs of department as well as determining career development goals of individuals.
- Ensures appropriate case reserves consistent with company guidelines.
- Extends settlement authority on claims exceeding adjuster's granted authority.
- Develops, recommends and implements short range objectives consistent with company business goals, guidelines and programs.
- Recognizes and analyzes trends across the claims portfolio at the adjuster, unit and account levels.
- Reports on observations and recommends remedial action as needed.
- Administers salary and personnel programs under guidance of manager.
- Utilizes quality assurance programs and develops training agenda based on opportunities for improvement.
- Utilizes performance management process effectively, on an ongoing basis, to maximize performance of employees, correct performance problems, provide development opportunities, and promote effective communication with employees.
- Manages the account management process and resolves service issues.
- Promotes effective communication among and between work groups, and between management and employees.
- Demonstrate commitment to Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, and apply knowledge of compliance policies and procedures, standards and laws applicable to job responsibilities in the performance of work.