Supervises claims staff to ensure appropriate claim outcomes through consistent execution of best claims practices for self-insured and unbundled liability clients. Achieve business plan goals ensuring regulatory compliance with legal statutes, policy provisions, state licensing and company guidelines. Ensure delivery of timely, high quality customer service to internal and external business partners. Develop the Claims Professionals for promotional opportunities.
- Manages the assignment of claims and provides technical direction and ongoing guidance through effective diary management. Prioritize workload with consideration for deadlines/timeframes to avoid backlog. Establish course of action.
- Selects, trains, coaches and mentors staff. Plans staff responsibilities and directs activities, utilizing staff resources effectively to meet department goals in accordance with approved plans and budgets. Develops staff to respond to department needs as well as assisting the Claims Professionals with their career development goals.
- Ensures appropriate claim reserves are established and communicated in a timely manner.
- Manages the reserve and settlement authority on the claims unit's pending.
- Recognizes and analyzes trends across the claims portfolio at the adjuster, unit and account levels. Develops action plans to address areas of opportunity.
- Administers salary and personnel programs for unit.
- Participates in and utilizes quality assurance programs and develops training agenda based on opportunities for improvement. Utilizes performance management process to maximize employee performance.
- Provides a superior level of customer service. Participates in the account management process including marketing calls and claims reviews and resolves service issues.
- Promotes effective communication among and between work groups, and between management and employees.
- Manages the Litigation Process. Participates with claims management and the client in the counsel evaluation process of staff and counsel.
- Collaborate with internal and external business partners to ensure program details are developed and communicated to team. Work effectively with others outside the line of formal authority to accomplish organizational goals and to identify and resolve problems.
- Some travel.
- Demonstrate commitment to Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, and apply knowledge of compliance policies and procedures, standards and laws applicable to job responsibilities in the performance of work.
- Bachelor's' degree and/or a minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible experience in handling General Liability, Automobile, Professional Liability and Property claims required.
- Proven leadership, coaching, and teamwork skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including a strong ability to actively lead or participate in meetings, presentations and conferences.
- Excellent customer service skills gained through previous work experience, with emphasis on accessibility, listening and responsiveness.
- Computer literacy, including working knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Previous supervisory experience and professional designation desired.
Required Licenses / Certifications
- Obtains and maintains state adjusting licenses, as necessary.
- Ensures that all state-required Continuing Education Credits are obtained as needed to maintain license.