If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Transforming Lives
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
1. Builds and develops talent pipeline to strengthen organizational talent pool to
ensure that medical school has a diverse pool of quality applicants.
2. Partner with department hiring managers to build recruitment strategies to meet
their staffing needs.
3. Coordinates strategic planning meetings with departments
4. Pre-screens, interviews, and suggests top candidate pool from recruitment efforts
for departments to review and consider, consistent with established processes.
Schedules and manages interview through selection process to include offer letter,
new hire paperwork, drug screen and background check process.
5. Conduct talent searches through online applicant tracking system and social media avenues.
6. Leads and supports various departments' initiatives such as behavioral based
interview selection and techniques, by developing a thorough understanding and
business acumen for each area, and translating knowledge into a viable job
description and recruitment strategy.
6. Develops and proposes solutions and strategies to overcome recruitment
obstacles in competitive labor market: to include new ad campaigns, college and
job fair recruitment, establishing and building long term relationships/networks with
outside agencies, professional organizations and associations in which candidates
would belong/associate. Partnering with compensation and our internal customers
to overcome recruitment obstacles and resolve these challenges.
8. Creates, writes, and reviews competitive advertising for print and on line
campaigns by collaborating with outside advertising agency and UM's Marketing
9 . Conducts searches and tracks applicant data via ATS from application
throughout interview process. Provides appropriate reporting as necessary.
10. Ensures all positions submitted through system are accurately and timely posted
(within 48 hours of final approval and paperwork receipt from compensation). In addition, Recruiter must have conversations with manager with 24 hours to discuss position and develop recruitment strategy.
11. Serves as Facilitator for and Behavioral Interviewing as needed.
12. Facilitate new hire on-boarding session as needed.
13. Provides excellent customer service on a daily basis to all departments. A high
level of independent decision making is required. Consults with departments on
areas of recruitment, required documentation, and process flow as needed.
14. Partner with HR Business Partners to provide the highest level of service to all
15 Interprets recruitment, retention and other related policies as needed.
16. Serves as back-up support to other recruitment team members.
1. Bachelor's degree a minimum of 1 to 2 years of direct high volume exempt and
non- exempt, full life cycle recruitment experience to include building and
executing targeting recruitment plans in a healthcare environment. Any
appropriate combination of education, certification, and/or relevant work
experience will be considered.
2. Proficiency in candidate sourcing, such as competitive research, internet
recruiting, pre-screening, and excellent behavioral/competency interviewing
3. Proven ability to work effectively with teams and employees of all levels in a large
4. Excellent customer service skills with the ability to grasp new ideas
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type: