The Ideal Candidate
You'll be responsible for the full-cycle recruiting process for information technology positions throughout the corporate office at Genesco. You'll consult with and advise hiring managers on the overall hiring process, build talent pipelines, collaborate on job requisition details, and provide effective candidate assessment and interview techniques.
How You Will Make an Impact
* You will identify internal and external candidates for vacant positions, including assessing job postings and employee referrals, screening resumes, and conducting interviews.
* You will coordinate with hiring managers to identify expectations, clarify processes, develop a recruiting strategy, and provide regular updates.
* You will develop an effective network of key talent from competitors, industry leaders, and social networking to recruit potential candidates.
* You will conduct initial interviews to determine the candidates potential fit for an opening, and in turn, present qualified candidates to the hiring manager.
* You will represent Genesco by explaining the company's EVP, culture, mission and values, footwear-focused strategy, and potential growth opportunities.
* You will present job offers, produce offer letters, and forward approval and acceptance letters to candidates. "Sell" candidates on total rewards and compensation package along with the company's culture to convince the candidates to accept a job offer.
* You will initiate on-boarding activities to facilitate the integration of new employees into the company.
Experience and Skills You'll Need to Have
* You will have 3-5 years of corporate or search firm technical recruiting experience.
* You have a Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field is required. Any suitable combination of education and experience will be considered.
* You are proficient in Microsoft office and are a whiz at LinkedIn Recruiter and Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS). Experience with UKG Pro is even better.
* You are able to understand and teach technology leaders how to recruit passive candidates.
* You have strong communication, collaboration, and organizational skills.
* You can work independently, with speed, and with minimal supervision.
* You will have the ability to build strong partnerships and create an extensive network of technical talent.
* You will have a passion for hiring top talent, a current network of active contacts, and extensive experience interviewing in the technology market.
* You are self-motivated and passionate about sourcing and hiring the best talent within aggressive timelines.
* You are a member of numerous industry and functional area professional groups where candidates gather- both online and in person.