PPD is a leading global contract research organization providing comprehensive, integrated drug development, laboratory and lifecycle management services. At PPD, we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose- to improve health!
About the Department:
Our colleagues in corporate Human Resources strive for excellence in every task, at every moment. We are game changers seeking improvements to processes and more efficient ways of working or adapting to changing financial and industry environments.
About the Position:
The Recruiter / Senior Recruiter is part of a global team that sources, recruits and refers best-qualified candidates for high volume vacant positions at PPD in an efficient and fiscally responsible manner. He/she will develop an extensive network of candidate sources, as well as organize and facilitate the entire recruiting function demonstrating knowledge of personnel policy and relevant laws regarding employment practices.
About our Culture, Career Advancement and Benefits:
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits focused on the health and well-being of our employees.
* Sources, recruits, screens resumes, and interviews candidates for vacant positions.
* Manages niche job boards, career postings and internet employment resources, and conducts cold calling, networking, newspapers and employee referrals.
* Attends applicable job fairs. Supports various departments on all advertising and looks for new and innovative ways to source candidates.
* Maintains records of activity via the recruitment system and prepares productivity, analytical and other reports as assigned. Tracks applicants.
* Collaborates with others in the wider department to ensure consistency of practice and advice, efficient sharing of information, ideas, resources and effective teamwork on projects.
* Provides frequent, high quality, value-added advice and counsel to business partners on recruiting and staffing issues.
* Develops strong rapport and relationship with internal clients.
* Remains abreast of industry trends.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 2-5 years for Recruiter level and 5 years for Senior level).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Solid knowledge of CRO industry with a general ability to assess candidates' fit within the industry
* Possesses the maturity to handle sensitive information and data effectively and make sound recommendations
* Firm level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint for analysis and presentation of data
* Good analytical and quantitative abilities
* Ability to juggle multiple tasks while still delivering high quality results
* Good written and oral communications skills
* Ability to function as an effective and respected partner to internal clients
PPD values the health and well-being of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
* Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
* Able to work upright and stationary for typical working hours.
* Ability to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
* Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
* May require minimal travel (0-10%)
PPD Defining Principles:
* We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer's trust - We are game changers - We do the right thing - We are one PPD
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world's most urgent health needs, then please submit your application - we would love to hear from you.