We are seeking an active contributor who will work with other remote developers in a fast-paced environment where we are solving customer challenges by formulating solutions and implementing new technologies that achieve effective results.
- Take complete ownership of a project or sub-system, from inception to deployment and beyond with minimal direction
- Work on multiple projects at one time contributing from design to deployment through the software development life cycle
- Coordinate with team members who work on different layers of infrastructure
- Write effective and scalable code in Ruby
- Work with the customer success team to understand and solve complex user issues.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs and work closely with other members of the tech team to devise solutions to these problems
- Write test cases using RSpec for all code additions and changes
- Mentor junior developers, and review and debug their code
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Three plus years developing large-scale web applications in a Ruby-on-Rails shop that follows Agile / Lean development principles.
- RESTful API development
- SQL (MySQL preferred)
- Version control using Git
- Writing tests using RSpec/Selenium/Capybara
- Commonly used AWS services
- Undergraduate / Graduate degree in Computer Science or related field
Attributes we expect
- Team members are all fully remote and we prefer someone with a track record of effective remote work. We are not looking for a "consultant" - we are looking for someone who wants to join our organization and can get behind our mission
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to work effectively independently and in a collaborative team environment
- Highly detail-oriented and organized individual who can take direction well and be proactive in your work
We cannot sponsor visa candidates and will not consider candidates from third parties.
- provided by Dice