The ITW Performance Polymers Project Manager reports to the R&D Director and is responsible for leading cross-functional teams in the new product development effort to bring new and innovative products from idea to deployment. This role will apply project management best practice knowledge, tools, methodologies, and techniques to meet or surpass the needs and expectations of all stakeholders.
* Manage multiple NPD projects through all phases of the Innovation Framework. Collaborate with functional leads to plan and execute NPD projects including: defining requirements, developing schedules, resource planning, product and project cost control, business case, risk management, develop the product needs specification, risk analysis, technical feasibility and other requirements. Facilitate project team meetings, track project progress identifying critical path, tasks and communicate project status regularly and as required.
* Drive enterprise strategy and continuous improvement culture throughout the team by using 80/20 tools thru the Innovation Process.
* Support and drive meaningful metrics that measure progress thru the Innovation Pipeline: Vitality Index, Project Phase Cycle times, Product life Cycle Cost, Idea tracking & others.
* Develop detailed project and resource plans across multiple projects within the portfolio and dynamically track project progress across the portfolio.
* Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that the project deliverables meet plan.
* Coordinate within project teams across all functions including Marketing, Sales, HR, Operations, Quality, EHS, Tech Services and other support functions.
* Ensures all quality requirements are met according the Innovation Framework thought the NPD process and at Deployment.
* Promote, support, and adhere to all safety and quality related policies and procedures.
* Other duties as assigned.