Purpose of Job
We are seeking a talented Quantitative Risk Analyst Senior (Life & Annuity Actuary)
for our San Antonio, TX facility or this can be a 100% remote work is opportunity.
If on location: USAA values a culture that is highly collaborative, and we have found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the best of both worlds - collaborating in-person in the office and working from home when needed to achieve focused deliverables. The actual days onsite are determined between each employee and the employee's manager.
If remote: Occasional travel will be required to USAA facility for training and/or meetings
Provides risk management support for a line of business or staff agency in key risk identification, measurement and aggregation, and the understanding and management of risk through appropriate quantitative and analytical practices and processes. Conducts and develops quantitative and analytic models, assessments and/or applications in support of risk management efforts that assess the market and identify risks and gaps in existing or proposed processes. Applies diverse methodologies and deep experience in quantitative analytics to identify and solve complex and/or undefined risk problems. Monitors the risk and control environment to ensure that exposures are kept at acceptable levels and may consult on risk mitigation plans. Works with leadership to remediate gaps and improvements identified between existing practices and regulatory requirements.Job Requirements About USAA
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
USAA Careers - World Class Benefits (31 seconds) About USAA Risk Management
USAA is a growing financial services company and the Risk Management function at USAA is an important part of this growth. It is an exciting time at USAA and in our Risk Management organization. We are a diversified team of Risk professionals, working across all lines of business across USAA operations (banking, insurance, investments) seeing the incredible growth first-hand. Working at USAA in Risk Management affords you the ability to be a part of USAA's noble mission on a daily basis. We stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us every day. Primary Responsibilities:
- Utilizes advanced analytics to assess future risk, opportunities, and effectiveness and translates results into meaningful solutions to enhance decision making.
- Applies advanced knowledge and industry best practices to quantify risk and aggregate exposures.
- Engages in model validation and produces model validation reports.
- Applies innovative and scientific/quantitative analytical approaches to draw conclusions and make recommendations to answer business objectives and drive change.
- Translates recommendations into communication materials to effectively present to colleagues for peer review and management.
- Applies advanced knowledge to produce advanced analytical material for discussions with cross functional teams to understand complex business objectives and influence solution strategies.
- Provides mentorship to other team members in the peer review process.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses. Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, or other quantitative discipline OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- A minimum of 6 years related quantitative analysis experience in a discipline relevant to risk management to include statistical analysis, modeling, mathematics or other quantitative discipline; OR advanced degree/designation in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, or other quantitative discipline and 4 years work experience in a quantitative discipline relevant to risk management; OR PhD in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, or other quantitative discipline and up to 2 years work experience in a quantitative discipline relevant to risk management.
- Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (FSA) Designation
- Chartered Enterprise Risk Analyst (CERA) Designation
- Experience in actuarial and stochastic modeling, machine learning, or other advanced mathematical techniques
- Risk management experience in a complex institution and or highly matrixed environment related to life insurance or financial services
- Experience managing complex processes to include process engineering or project management experience
- Industry-related analytical experience in life insurance pricing, reserving, asset and liability management (ALM), financial modeling, capital calculations, and hedging
- Experience with Moody's Analytics AXIS Actuarial Modeling System and Moody's Analytics RiskIntegrity™ Insight
- Proficient analytical skills with an aptitude for quantitative and scenario analysis
- Risk Assessment and Analysis
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $88,200 - $158,900
*(this does not include geographical differential, it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors. *Geographical Differential
: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average. Shift premium:
Will be addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours. Benefits:
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
USAA Total Rewards Relocation
assistance is available
for this position.