Quality Assurance Professional
Granite Bay, California, United States
- FullStack Labs is a leading software consultancy seeking creative and skilled Quality Assurance Professionals to join our fast-growing team.
- Our mission is to design and develop technology that improves the lives of its users while providing an exceptionally high level of service to our clients.
- We are looking for Quality Assurance Professionals who want to be part of a fast-paced, dynamic environment, where everyone’s opinions and efforts are valued.
- We hire outstanding individuals and give them the opportunity to thrive in a collaborative atmosphere that values learning, growth, and hard work.
- Our team of 50+ professionals is distributed across our three offices in California, Washington D.C., and Barranquilla Colombia.
- Additionally, many of our team members who aren’t located near one of our offices, work remotely. We provide a highly competitive compensation and benefits package with health insurance, overtime pay, PTO, etc.
- If you have the desire to be a part of an exciting, challenging and rapidly-growing software development consultancy, and if you are passionate about software development and creating the finest apps in the marketplace, please apply below.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Your primary responsibilities will be to conduct manual quality assurance on the user interfaces that we build for clients.
- To do this, you will compare the user interfaces that have been built by our developers, to the original designs of the application, to uncover discrepancies between what was designed, and what was developed. When you find bugs, you will report them to developers so they can be corrected.
- Additionally, you will test user interfaces for mobile responsiveness, device compatibility, and browser compatibility to ensure that the apps we build are capable of running properly on a variety of devices, screen sizes, and browser types. You will use BrowserStack and similar tools to perform this testing.
- Finally, you will manually test features to ensure they are properly built, function as they are designed to function, and correctly solve the client’s problems. To do this you will gain a deep understanding of our client’s business and the problems that the software is designed to solve.
- You must have an extremely high, forensic attention to detail. This means:
- You naturally notice small imperfections in seemingly high-quality work
- You care deeply about building flawless user experiences and have a visceral reaction to low quality work
- You DO sweat the small stuff
- A natural orientation to detail is the most important skill set for this position.
- You must have strong computer / technical skills…using technology comes naturally to you.
- Experience with the following software systems is a plus, but is not required:
- Google suite (mail, apps, calendar, etc)
- Mac OS
- Strong work ethic and the ability to focus and single-task throughout the day
- Ability to work well with team members within an agile development team.
- A positive, optimistic, can-do attitude
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A four-year college degree is a plus, but candidates with an AA degree or high school diploma will be considered as well.
- This is not a junior software developer position, and you will not participate in writing code.
We’re a medium-size team that’s growing fast, so everyone that joins has a direct impact on the direction and success of the company. Today’s hires will be tomorrow’s leaders. We strive for an open, flat, collaborative, work-hard-play-hard environment. We offer competitive compensation with overtime pay, PTO, medical, dental, vision, HSA, and 401k w/ 4% match.