Stream Data Centers is looking for a highly organized and results-driven leader, manager, advocate, and collaborator to build, manage, and lead the quality and Commissioning (Cx) responsibilities required on Steam Data Centers (SDC) deployments. The primary function of this role will be to manage the MEP system quality and compliance from design and procurement through installation, commissioning, and turn-over as part of the overall project team.
The Quality and Cx Manager, Construction is expected to collaborate with the design, construction, and operations teams to ensure a consistent and compliant delivery for projects as assigned at the dedicated campus. This role Interfaces with project leads and tenant personnel to assure quality installations and performance and supports development of scope, schedule, and budget and other duties as required. Routine travel to support these activities at other sites may be required.
- Participate in the process of selecting a qualified Cx firm to provide the quality services and product Stream Data Centers expects.
- Responsible for the completion of all details in the Cx specification by the responsible parties.
- Lead the Cx Kick-off meeting with the Cx Firm, including the initial project team orientation on the Cx specification.
- Actively participates in development of project designs and works to clarify and resolve design issues.
- Actively participates in Preconstruction efforts to align design, scope of work, and estimates with current Stream metrics and goals.
- Actively participates in development of project designs and works to clarify and resolve design issues
- Review and monitoring of long-lead equipment procurement, including integration into project schedule.
- Assists in Method of Procedure development, processing, and tracking.
- Conduct weekly meetings with just the Cx Firm and Director of Quality and Cx. The ‘5 in 15’ concept.
- Review invoices from the Cx Firm for payment.
- Address items older than 14 days on the Cx Alloy issues log by focusing on a solution with the responsible party. Some items on the Cx Issues log will need to be approved by the Quality and Cx Manager.
- Update the internal project schedule for the SDC Construction and Operations teams.
- Assist with the development of the L1 – L5 Cx schedule with the project team.
- Participate in weekly OAC meetings and Cx meetings with the project team.
- Performs jobsite inspections and reviews installation progress, quality, and compliance. Includes review of progress against plan.
- Assists with submittal and request for information review and resolution.
- Interface with the designated Operations team member on site to coordinate activities that may affect the normal operation of live data halls.
- Collaborate with the project team to support early access requirements.
- Ensures safety best practices and policies are being followed.
- Verifies MEP system as-builts are up to date and accurate.
- Participate in training with the Ops team, support the creation of SOPs and ERPs.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education/related experience
- 5 years of relevant experience in MEP system coordination and/or project management, with 5+ years preferably working within the Mission Critical space.
- Knowledge of applicable Mechanical and Electrical system regulations, standards, best practices, and applicable codes.
- Ability to read and understand Mechanical and Electrical project drawings, specifications, and submittals.
- Experience in developing, managing, and understanding CPM schedules to support analysis and recommendations around contractor provided timelines.
- Understanding of how Mechanical and Electrical Systems work and integrate.
- Ability to lead integrated teams of Engineers, Contractors, Skilled Trades, Equipment Manufacturers, Commissioning Teams, Tenants, Authorities Having Jurisdiction, and Stream Professionals to a common goal and outcome.
- Experience working across multiple locations in the United States.
- Ability to travel to jobsite locations.
- Experience leading and mentoring others.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Microsoft Office Suite, Bluebeam, PlanGrid, and SharePoint experience.
Stream is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, race, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, military status, or any other reason prohibited by law. Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.