GrowFactor is a unique, award-winning, Chartered Accounting firm who are looking for a Senior Accountant to work remotely, providing clients with strategy, financial and tax advisory.
Flexible working hours, spreading hours as you wish, being at home for school runs, or working more productively by not having to commute is on offer here…..so please read on!
As a Senior Accountant, you will have practice experience and be fully qualified with energy and passion to help business owners.
Mapping out business strategies, financial planning, reviewing performance against plan, and providing advice for their own future and wellbeing.
GrowFactor goes beyond traditional accountancy. Modern accountancy is about so much more than just bookkeeping, tax returns and putting your receipts in a spreadsheet
Even though they do offer this, their real strength is working with consultants, coaches and entrepreneurial clients on the front-end and this is where you come in, offering your innovation and ability to think outside of the box!
You will be part of compliance work, reviewing and checking but your role will fundamentally be advisory, whether this is planning or saving clients tax.
Time allocation: 15% review accounts 20% team training 15% client communications 50% consulting/ client meetings.
As Senior Accountant you will naturally enjoy finding solutions and fixing problems, be entrepreneurial, love dealing with people but not losing the accountancy aspect you have trained hard to get.
You are not working alone either, as you will have a Client Service Coordinator working in alignment with you, giving you the freedom you need whilst they complete the administration for you.
- Tax reviews for both personal and business clients
- Advisory meetings
- Strategic goal setting
- You will work closely with the Principles on strategy and client development within a niche field of consultants, coaches and entrepreneurs
- High-level accounting and taxation advice with specialists (if needed)
- Final review of compliance documents, tax returns, financial statements, reconciliations, and work papers
- Coaching and developing accountants (offshore team)
- Develop and maintaining relationships with clients
- Assist managers and partners with advisory or project work as required
- Develop a professional presence and corporate network to enhance the brand and your identity (events, social medial, referrals)
- Identify, develop, and follow through business opportunities
Key attributes needed:
- A winning attitude & burning desire to succeed
- Client orientated, building a strong rapport
- Highly motivated and never quits
- A real team player
- Competitive to prove to yourself and to others
- Positive outlook, smiles often
- Focused and personable
- Professional with a nice disposition, showing empathy seeing from the others point of view
- Driven by performance reviews on performance, not hours worked
- Fully qualified - ACA, ACCA, CIMA
- GCSE Maths and English (A grade ideally)
- A Levels (Maths Minimum B)
- 2:1 Degree (ideally)
- Min. 1 years practice experience
- Ideally, 5 years experience in general or tax accounting
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Location: from home anywhere in the UK
- Allowance for local office space
- 25 days holiday
- Learning and development allowance
- Awaydays and trips for company business development and strategy (~10 days additional leave through the year)
- Personal development events, for example, UPW - Tony Robbins
- Monthly meetups will be in Birmingham and Quarterly meetups will be an overnight stay in a different location agreed by the team to make it exciting - usually in Europe.
- all expenses paid for both monthly and quarterly (within reason :) no Don Perignon!
Working in a large firm can feel like you're not adding value in the way you wish and not rewarded for your entrepreneurialism or revenue-generating ideas, these are fully encouraged and rewarded here with GrowFactor!
Action: If you want to join a friendly agile team who all believe in the new hybrid model of accounting, strategic advice and tax planning, who work together as a team, socialise and all enjoy what they do, please send us your CV, with a covering letter outlining why this role appeals to you.