Responsibilities and Duties:
The Software Deployment Engineer's core focus is the deployment and configuration of software both locally at client locations and in the cloud as highlighted above. Specifically, the Software Deployment Engineer's responsibilities include:
- Obtaining and maintaining thorough knowledge of our technology and tools; we are advancing our capabilities at a fast clip so love of technology is a must!
- Coordinate cross-functional group activities supporting technical aspects of advanced project planning, hardware installation connectivity and operation, and post-installation quality assurance testing.
- Accept integration oversight responsibilities from project managers once stores are fully prepared for installation.
- Follow existing deployment processes, identify process improvements, document specific process/project requirements for customers, store types, and configurations.
- Partner with project managers to diligently maintain all records in a central repository for ease of reference during and after deployment.
- Lead technical tasks to resolve issues, track bug fixes, escalate persistent and/or critical issues during the deployment process.
- Manage the complete User Acceptance Testing (UAT) process to verify system accuracy, stability, and readiness for public opening.
- 3+ yrs of hardware/software technical implementation experience
- Must have experience with SaaS technologies such as microservices, docker/containers, and Kubernetes and proficiency with Python.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience; Engineering, Networking or Hardware experience preferred. Experience working in retail/retail integration.
- Proven ability to coordinate and confirm proper installation standards for servers, cameras, sensors, other system hardware components.
- Highly technical and analytical with the ability to engage customers, 3rd party integrators, and internal team members in an effective and supportive manner.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule during store installations.
- Able to travel within the US or internationally periodically as training or customer needs require (All conditions for safe travel observed)
- Proficiency with software tools like Confluence, Jira, Team Gantt, Excel, Powerpoint, Word, and Slack used to divide complex projects into related sub-tasks, manage critical path tasks, and track resources, deadlines and milestones
- provided by Dice