IFS - Information Technology (IT)Industry/Sector:
Not ApplicableTime Type:
Full timeTravel Requirements:
Up to 20%
A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. You'll focus on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing both client and internal facing applications within PwC, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for the Firm to drive strategic business growth.
Our System Architecture team helps build customisable specific system solutions that enhance PwC's system capabilities to appropriately serve all client needs. As part of the team, you'll use enterprise architecture across application areas to build delivery models that map PwC capabilities to business needs outlined by clients.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
Job Requirements and Preferences
- Encourage everyone to have a voice and invite opinion from all, including quieter members of the team.
- Deal effectively with ambiguous and unstructured problems and situations.
- Initiate open and candid coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Contribute technical knowledge in area of specialism.
- Contribute to an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- Navigate the complexities of cross-border and/or diverse teams and engagements.
- Initiate and lead open conversations with teams, clients and stakeholders to build trust.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
: Basic Qualifications
: Minimum Degree Required
High School Diploma Minimum Years of Experience
6 year(s) of progressive roles managing IT architecture and engineering designs and domains. Preferred Qualifications
: Degree Preferred
Bachelor Degree Preferred Fields of Study
Information Technology, Computer Systems Analysis, Management Information Systems, Computer Applications, Computer Engineering, Computer Programming Preferred Knowledge/Skills
Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader in making IT design recommendations, including the following areas:
- Interpreting and translating goals into technical specifications, delivering thought leadership of specific technologies and driving technology change;
- Leveraging business and domain acumen to interpret and translate architecture plans to business plans;
- Supervising and establishing delivery of project initiatives;
- Building trusting and influential relationships and engaging with vendors and third parties as appropriate;
- Collaborating with other Architects and Developers to provide technical design guidance to align with strategy and applicable technical standards;
- Working independently to evaluate and make strategic decisions that will address specific technology design needs;
- Participating in the development of thought leadership to influence their sphere of technology in the use of innovation to advance business capabilities;
- Researching and evaluating emerging technologies and novel approaches in order to make recommendations to enhance business processes and/or create a competitive advantage;
- Collaborating with multidisciplinary teams in resolving complex technical issues;
- Providing design guidance that follows the enterprise architecture vision and adheres to applicable application technology guidelines;
- Mitigating the impact of technical design to security, performance and data privacy;
- Participating in application solutions including assisting with planning and architectural design, development, resolution of technical issues and application rationalization;
- Displaying initiative and an ability to lead others;
- Providing coaching and technical mentoring;
- Learning rapidly and continuously taking advantage of new technologies, concepts and business models while demonstrating a history of staying current in emerging technology trends; and,
- Providing cost estimate and work order of internal client projects.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy:
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.