The Random House Publishing Group is seeking an experienced, creative, and enthusiastic Publicity Manager to join our WaterBrook and Multnomah imprints. This position reports to the VP, Director of Publicity and will lead media campaigns to bring the imprints' publications to the largest possible readership.
WaterBrook and Multnomah is our Christian publishing program devoted to creating books that inspire readers to find rich, spiritual purpose in their daily lives and invite them into a deeper relationship with God. We are seeking a Publicity Manager with interest in working with Christian books and authors to join our dynamic team. This manager will be hands-on in the creation and execution of customized publicity campaigns for a wide range of titles including Christian non-fiction, Christian fiction, children's books, and our gift products in the Ink & Willow line of resources.
Our award winning and New York Times bestselling authors include Tim Tebow, Jennie Allen, Michael Todd, Latasha Morrison, John Mark Comer, and Katie Davis Majors. Other notable authors include Anne Graham Lotz, Carlos Whittaker, and Francine Rivers, among others.
The ideal candidate will have experience strategizing on and executing non-fiction, fiction or children's campaigns, an established network of national broadcast, podcast, print and online media contacts, both within the general market and Christian outlets, and excel in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Candidates should possess strong internal and external communication skills, be adept in time management, and the ability to work both independently as well as in a collaborative setting.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Spearheading the planning and execution of publicity campaigns for top-tier titles; this includes identifying possible readerships, maximizing exposure for our authors and books through earned media rollouts, creating dynamic author events, and brainstorming ideas for engaging social media communities.
• Developing, researching, and maintaining strong relationships with national TV, print, radio/podcast, online, and local media contacts.
• High-touch author care and attentive communication with authors and agents.
• Working with booksellers and retailers for author signings, on-site sales, or bulk buys.
• Collaborating and effectively partnering with marketing, editorial, and sales departments.
• Writing creative press materials, pitches, and other collateral material with the goal of securing national coverage.
• Media training and prepping authors for media and events.
• Representing the imprint at meetings, presentations, and events.
Please apply if you meet the following qualifications:
• At least 5-7 years of relevant experience in public relations
• Exceptional written and oral communication and pitching skills
• Existing relationships with mainstream and Christian media contacts
• Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
• Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively while also responding to urgent issues
• Collaborative, curious reader across areas, detail-oriented, organized, problem-solver, and self-motivated
• Enthusiasm for Christian books
• Faith-based publishing is a plus but not required
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
The WaterBrook and Multnomah office is located in Colorado Springs, Colorado. This position is open to remote candidates.
The salary range for this position is $70,000-$72,000. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.