We are currently seeking a Public Relations Account Coordinator. Our ideal candidate is someone who is extremely skilled in media and influencer relations. They truly understand how to tell the story of a brand and how to bring that story to life with a compelling communications strategy. This is a great opportunity for someone early in their career who’s looking to grow into our next great strategic communicator.
Whether you come in with years of experience or we train you from the ground up, Account Coordinators (AC) are exceptional specialists and fully competent in the agency's core services. Supporting multiple tech and lifestyle clients, day-to-day activities include media pitching, coordinating coverage with media, list building, strategy development, industry/competitor research, client communications, internal training, hit tracking and report preparation. Skilled in crafting pitches, over time AC's become recognized agency-wide for their ability to land quality coverage across a variety of media outlets. Early-stage ACs work in support roles on most accounts, but exposure to client communications on calls, emails and in-person is core to their development and will be a concentration from day one. As communication abilities strengthen, high-performing ACs will begin proactively taking lead on client initiatives, eventually directing their own clients, moving to the Account Executive (AE) position as they take more prominent roles on accounts.
A Few Things to Note About This Role:
- All team members are client-facing and heavily involved with senior leaders in strategic planning. You will not be in the background on accounts, the opportunity for fast growth is available daily.
- Key responsibility is to consistently produce results within our core services of media and influencer relations.
- Coordinators are highly skilled at media-facing communications including trade shows, media events, and pitches.
- Coordinators are execution specialists, constantly fine-tuning their daily approach to become more efficient.
- Always learning is key to the advancement of this role, be a student of client communications and strategy development, actively seeking out every opportunity to learn from agency senior team leads
Cover Letter: Please include a cover letter detailing something interesting about yourself and/or your career that we will not get from reading your resume. Doesn't need to be long, just specific to this position. It’s your opportunity to sell yourself, use it.
About MBA: We are a "Best Agency to Work For" and the leading PR agency for consumer technology and innovative lifestyle brands in the U.S. Headquartered in Miami since 2002 (with a full-remote team), we have partnered with more than 800 brands from startups to Fortune 500. We successfully help clients launch, gain market share, enter new categories, sell products, attract retailers, raise capital and get acquired. In addition to providing public relations and digital marketing services, we also offer an in-house primary research and analytics team, and a design studio with a full suite of creative services.
Some Advice For How To Be Successful at MBA:
We hire, promote and fire people based on these values. They act as a compass for all communications and decision-making.
- Think Like An Entrepreneur: Know the details of our business and understand how you impact our culture, work and financial success.
- Adopt a Growth Mindset: Don’t settle or become complacent. Grow by taking advantage of opportunities to do work outside your comfort zone.
- Take Initiative: Do not wait for someone to tell you what to do. Act in the absence of specific direction. Be proactive and decisive.
- Act with Purpose: Focus on impact above all else. Know the intended result, find the most efficient path, and get shit done.
- Communicate Assertively: Proactively tackle difficult conversations with empathy and confidence. Give and request feedback in real-time with helpful intent.
- Inspire Accountability: Embrace ownership of every task. Surface your mistakes. Share what you learn and use it to improve. Others will do the same.
While Optional, We Would Think It Was Cool If You Could:
- Run a 5k in under 25 minutes. We have 2 or 3 people that can do this, but we have a couple of Ironman athletes (including Max), a few marathoners and a mountain biker who does 80+ mile races. Lots of yogis too.
- Solve a Rubik's cube in under a minute. We had an intern that could and it was mind-blowing.
- Compete in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. She competed in the Pan-American Championship, the largest Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu tournament in North America, she's also one of our new Account Coordinators.
- Climb Mt. Kilimanjaro. Our Director of Operations did this, only blacked-out from high altitude and oxygen deprivation once. Nailed it.
- Be a world champion in anything. Youngest Yo-Yo World Champion in history worked with us for years.
- Start your own business. Max did...and one guy owns his own photography business...the rest of us are working on it.
- A snake shot (Foosball). Google it. No spinning.
Work hard, play hard is slightly outdated and work-life balance implies some sort of struggle to do one and not the other. We think work should be a fun, beneficial, and enjoyable part of your life and that your life should be a fun, beneficial, and enjoyable part of your work. We try our best to provide benefits that make this a reality, and the daily transition and integration of work & life as seamless as possible.
- Flexibility – “Unlimited” and “Anywhere” is as Flexible as it Gets
- Come-When-You-Want Office
- Growth – Expand and Fine Tune Your Skills
- Leadership Coaching w/BetterUp
- 100% Paid Job-Specific Training
- Access to MasterClass, Skillshare and more
- Free Unlimited Self-Help/Business Books
- Wellness – Add Workout to Your Work Day
- $600 Fitness/Mental Health Stipend
- Mindfulness Program with ModernOm
- 100% Paid Insurance/Counseling/Therapy
- Parental Leave + Paid Return-To-Work
- Finance – “Match” is Literally Free Money
- 401K w/Match + Financial Planning
- Profit Share + Annual Performance Bonus
- $360 Annual Cell Data Reimbursement
- Team – You Will Actually Like Most of Us
- Daily Team Outing Stipend
- Private Agency Team Social Platform
- $1,500 Employee Referral Bonus
- Fun – Mandatory Company Meetings
- Annual MBA Family Reunion Week
- Regular All-Expenses Paid Team Outings
- Paid Miami Visits for Remote Team
- PR experience will help, but not needed.
- Strong communication is essential.
- Next-level time management, organization and ability to manage multiple projects will set you up for success.
- Your experience can come from any industry if you can relate/connect the skills and the learnings to what we do.