Attention Human Resources professionals with at least 7 years of experience, including HR Director level-rolesare you looking for an opportunity to deeply impact the nonprofit and social enterprise world?
At Mission Edge, we invest in social interest organizations through human resources, finance, fiscal sponsorship, and social enterprise services so they may do more good.
The position- Part-Time Human Resources Business Partner- FULLY REMOTE
We presently have a core HR Division and are now building the team up due to an increased demand for services. Reporting to the COO, the HR Business Partner is a part-time employee with a Generalists focus. This individual is accountable for providing HR services to our nonprofit and social enterprise clients in the areas of recruitment, on-boarding, staff training, performance management, employee relations, payroll support, benefits administration, and other high-touch human resource service areas.
Compensation: The hourly range for this part time, non-exempt position is $32.00 - $37.00 per hour DOE. Hours will vary based on customer needs, but can be as much as 20-29 hours per week. Candidates are encouraged to have other means to supplement their income. This position is not eligible for benefits except for those mandated by local, state, and federal laws.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Minimum 7 years of HR Generalist experience, including at least 2 years in an HR Director level role
* Possess at the minimum a PHR or PHR-CA certification or equivalent; or willing to obtain the certification within six months
* CA based HR experience preferred
* Working knowledge and understanding of local, state and federal employment regulations, laws and best practices
* Ability to communicate with clients and assess organizational needs
* Nonprofit experience strongly preferred
* Strong experience using Microsoft Office, payroll and HRIS software
* Enthusiastic team player with a strong commitment to create a positive and engaging work environment
* Outgoing with ability to provide excellent customer service to staff and external partners/clients
* Strong work ethic and proven administrative skills, including highly organized and detailed oriented
* Excellent critical thinker and problem solver; able to make solid judgments and decisions
* Ability to hold personal information strictly confidential
* Proven ability to function in a multi-tasking, multi-client environment
* Excellent written and oral communication skills, with a friendly and professional demeanor
* Comfortable in new, dynamic, and varying personal environments
* Union experience helpful, but not required
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES
* Support the organization and team in monitoring and completing short and long-term goals in alignment with the service proposal for our clients
* Assist our clients in becoming fully compliant with federal and state regulations regarding employment law
* Support full cycle employee recruitment and hiring
* Implement and maintain system for personnel record keeping and documentation
* Develop/refine job descriptions, performance review processes, and Employee Handbooks
* Provide training and development for Client management
* Perform benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, and communicating benefit information to employees
* Provide payroll support, i.e. time off tracking, timesheet review, etc.
* Implement and support performance management process
* Provide risk management assessment
* Manage and implement HRIS solutions
* Oversee and perform employee relations functions
* Actively participate in administrative staff meetings and attend other meetings and seminars
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
* Employees and clients are raving fans and trust you with their HR needs
* You are a master at organization, coordination, and administration; taking pride and ownership of your role
* You recognize areas in HR practices that can be improved and/or made more efficient to better serve our employees and clients. You are confident in sharing and implementing your ideas
* You understand we are a team; and open, positive, constructive communication is a key to a successful HR team
* The following phrases are four-letter words as far as you are concerned, Thats the way we have always done it. and That isnt in my job description.
* You embrace our 5 Cultural Values
* Never Settling
* The Journey
* Teach By Doing
* The Power of Our Circle
* Excellent customer service
* Initiative and go-getter attitude
* Thorough research skills
* Communicative (written and verbal)
* Highly Dependable
* This position does not supervise others.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment: Work is performed in an office setting; regularly sits at a computer station and operates electronic equipment 6 to 8 hours per day; occasionally lifts, carries and positions objects weighing up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Additional Information: No relocation is offered for this role as it is 100% remote. Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. as sponsorship is not available. Background check required.
To Apply: WOW us with your cover letter and resume for this position through the Mission Edge job board at