Optimal Solutions & Technologies (OST, Inc.) is focused on excellence. We specialize in providing Management Consulting, Information Technology, and Research Development and Engineering services.
The fundamental distinction of the OST team is its business knowledge in both the public and private sectors. We serve the aerospace & transportation, association & nonprofit, defense, education, energy, financial, healthcare, and technology & telecommunications industries. OST is successful because we listen to our clients, we learn from our clients, and we know our clients.
A Proposal Writer communicates in a professional, persuasive, and compelling manner. The successful candidate will have excellent research skills and the ability to convey complex ideas with authority. The main job duties involve researching, storyboarding, organizing, and writing proposal sections on a deadline. This will include conducting interviews, researching and learning new concepts or products, and working with graphic designers to develop and present compelling content
* Develop, write, and edit material for proposals, reports, papers, and briefings
* Conduct quality control checks to ensure compliance with the RFP and compliance matrix
* Work closely with Business Development (BD), Capture, Operational Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), and Proposal personnel to develop compliant, compelling, persuasive, and accurately written sections for proposals and related materials
* Under the direction of the Proposal Manager, write proposal sections to the prescribed outlines for proposals and related materials
* Interview SMEs to extract detailed technical content and write persuasive, compliant, and compelling proposal narratives
* Review written sections with the Proposal Manager for accuracy and formats dictated in the Request for Proposal (RFP) and proposal outline
* Proofread and edit documents for style, consistency, grammar, and syntax, and if necessary, re-write to clarify and simplify text
* Search existing source files and use other research methods to develop technical, management, past performance, executive summaries, and other products or sections
* Assist in the development and day-to-day management of OST's Growth Operations infrastructure and develop various content libraries
* Participate in review debriefs and revise text according to the Proposal Manager's recovery plan
* Work with SMEs and graphic artist to develop conceptual images, standard process flowcharts, diagrams, and other graphics required to support written proposal content
* Collect feedback, evaluate recommended revisions, and update documents throughout the document development process
* Meet proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; enter and monitor tracking data, coordinate requirements with contributors, and provide proposal status updates
* Further organizational goals by accepting ownership for, and accomplishing, new and different project or support requests; such as exploring opportunities or collaborating on cross-organizational projects
* 7-10 years of proposal writing experience.
* Bachelor's degree in relevant area
* Great spelling, punctuation, grammar, organization, and the ability to write succinctly and distill complex ideas into simple and persuasive written content is required
* Strong attention to detail and the ability to write accurate proposal content
* Familiar with Federal acquisition and source selection procedures; RFI, and RFP responses
* Establish productive working relationships with senior management, technical staff, external collaborators, and business development resources
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, 2016 or 365.
* Desktop Publishing experience
* Proof of COVID 19 vaccination will be required at the time of offer
This is a full time position paying a base salary, full benefits, and has possible bonus potential based on merit and performance. To be considered for this position, please apply online with MS Word resume.
OST is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.