Job ID 2023-4633
Job Locations US-Remote-United States
TISTA Science and Technology Corporation (TISTA) supports our Federal customers with complex information technology and professional solutions including systems and application development, cybersecurity, data science, and comprehensive enterprise-wide infrastructure and operational support.
The Proposal Writer will be responsible for writing technical and non-technical proposal content based on the solicitation instructions, statement of work, annotated outline and template, customer knowledge provided by capture team, and solution details provided by subject matter experts (orally or in writing). The Proposal Writer will work with appropriate knowledge sources, including the proposal manager, capture, contracts, recruiting, and subject matter experts from TISTA and partner companies both pre-solicitation and throughout the proposal development period to maximize information availability and written draft accuracy.
- With support from proposal manager, capture, contracts, recruiting, and subject matter experts, create compelling proposal content that complies with all solicitation requirements, clearly conveys the strengths of our solution, and is easy and intuitive for reviewers/evaluators to score correctly.
- Quickly and correctly interpret multiple sources of information to be used as supporting material for content development.
- Work with proposal manager to ensure writing deadlines are achievable based on expected level of quality at each stage of the proposal development process. Once agreed, meet the deadlines or communicate adverse impacts to deadlines as soon as they become apparent.
- Ensure integration of win strategies, themes, discriminators, and value propositions throughout the relevant sections of proposals.
- When necessary, facilitate solutioning and writing sessions with assigned subject matter experts to generate accurate content in response to a solicitation.
- Independently author sections of proposals, including cover letters, executive summaries, introductions, management plans, staffing plans, tailored resumes, past performance descriptions, and other sections with which you have knowledge or experience.
- Proactively engage proposal manager and reviewers during the review process to ensure full understanding of review feedback. Where feedback varies, ensure there is consensus on how each section will be improved.
- Identify and further improve strengths of a proposal, beyond mere compliance, at each stage of proposal development, and identify and mitigate potential weaknesses.
- Support multiple concurrent opportunities at different stages of the business development lifecycle, from pre-solicitation planning (capture support) through solutioning, proposal content development, quality and compliance verification, production, and on-time delivery.
- Support related business development initiatives including opportunity identification, pre-solicitation research and analysis (capture support), boilerplate and past performance information maintenance, template creation and maintenance, style guide maintenance, and other tasks in support of overall proposal and business development processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required. Relevant technical courses of study, certifications, professional writing courses, and other training related to any aspect of proposal development or documentation will be considered in addition to or in lieu of an academic degree.
- Minimum 3 years of direct experience and responsibility successfully developing high-quality proposal content in response to Federal solicitations for IT services and solutions. Other relevant experience in technical writing, editing, production, research, analysis, marketing, capture, software development, and/or related IT services implementation a plus.
- Professional training or certification in proposal writing (APMP, Shipley, etc.) a plus.
- Highly proficient in writing grammatically correct and cogent non-technical proposal content, and technical proposal content based on input (oral or written) from subject matter experts.
- Familiarity with standard IT terminology sufficient for comprehending and editing technical content without changing or obfuscating the meaning.
- Knowledge of Federal procurement processes, standard solicitation instructions, and proposal development methods a plus.
- Superior proficiency with Microsoft Word, and highly competent with Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Adobe Acrobat. Experience with Microsoft Project, Visio, and/or Adobe Illustrator a plus.
- Adaptive to change throughout the proposal process and ability to maintain professionalism under stress.
The pay for this position ranges from $74,140 to $140,000
The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation, such as bonuses.
TISTA associates are eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits plan! More information can be found here: https://tistatech.com/working-at-tista/
TISTA Science and Technology Corporation, a CMMI Maturity Level 3 company, focuses on delivering information technology and professional services to Federal and State agencies. TISTA is recognized in 2019 by Inc. 5000 as one of the fastest-growing private companies in the US. TISTA is also a recipient of 2019 Top Veteran-Owned Companies by the Washington Business Journal. TISTA also received a 2018 Moxie Award in the GovCon category.
Here at TISTA Science and Technology, we value Veterans and encourage all to apply!
#thinktista #tistacares #tistavaluesvets
TISTA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of TISTA to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. TISTA will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here, and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Tista is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (301) 968-3420 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
TISTA is a federal contractor and is subject to the federal contractor COVID requirements under the new FAR/DFARS clauses and must comply with the incorporated Guidance.
If the candidate is hired to perform work on or in connection with one of TISTA’s federal contracts, TISTA is contractually obligated to ask the candidate to verify and show proof of vaccination status and the candidate will be required to comply with mask and social distancing requirements imposed by the FAR/DFARS as well as any additional requirements imposed by TISTA’s customers for any required onsite work.