Build a better career with MSC.
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services. Watch HERE to find out why you should work at MSC and join us as we continue to build a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Requisition ID : 5377
Employment Type : Full Time
Job Category : Project Management
Work Location : Davidson, NC (CSC)
State or Province : North Carolina (US-NC)
Potential Work Location : United States : North Carolina : Davidson
BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
Join MSC as we upgrade our data model and reorganize our product hierarchies. The Product Manager, Product Information will lead efforts to enrich existing product information to meet the needs of our customers and stakeholders. An ideal candidate should be able to review objectives, develop a multiyear roadmap, and successfully execute to plan. A successful candidate has a proven history of developing metrics to show progress along the project and identifying measures of success and project ROI. This associate must perform well under pressure and possess great focus while completing projects efficiently and on time.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops Product Information Enrichment strategy and can manage processes around data management acquisition plans.
- Works with large sets of data, reviewing for data completeness and accuracy.
- Reviews data with a keen focus on detail to maintain high standards of data quality for product information.
- Becomes familiar with basic data collection and analysis tools for product information data collection.
- Understands the fundamentals of intellectual property and can ethically source and share data.
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term reports and forecasts to track progress and overall performance.
- Performs project estimating, planning, scheduling, and tracking.
- Assesses industry best practices for product content development and provides recommendations for process improvements.
- Interacts with business units and project team members to understand business objectives.
- Understands the needs of requesting groups to manage outcomes and key results.
- Manages intake of multiple requests and concurrent workstreams.
- Directs work for a team of internal associates and external consultants for data collection projects.
- Set up Project Management tracking structure (Kanban or the like) to track overall progress.
- Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for deliverables and resolve roadblock issues.
- Assist with writing project proposals and solutions to help manage and optimize project costs.
- Recognizes the benefits and costs of data preservation.
- Foster's the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the organization to fulfill MSC's mission.
- Participation in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Technical Communications, Data Science, Data Analytics, or Business Management.
- Experience developing and maintaining information models and product information systems.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with the use and application of the most current technologies and products used in the industry.
- Three to five years of experience with positional and other file formats required.
- Three to five years of experience mapping data structures required.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft technologies and environments.
- Minimum two years managing a team of direct reports required.
- Minimum two years managing cross functional projects required.
- PMP certification (SCRUM, PMI, or ITIL also acceptable)
- Expertise with Agile methodologies
- Experience working with and managing remote project teams
o Data savvy
o Strategic planning
o Problem solving
o Data modeling
o Time and project management
o Process rigor
o Proficient oral and written communications
o Technology awareness
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong data analytics skills
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Understands the lifecycle of data
- Ability to utilize Business Intelligence tools (Alteryx, Power BI, etc.) to represent insights and structure data models.
- Experience in translating/mapping relational data models into XML and Schemas.
- Ability to utilize Business Intelligence tools (Power BI) to analyze data and develop insights.
- Experience with remodeling established hierarchies and mapping existing state to future state.
- Experience presenting technical information to non-technical audiences.
- A valid driver's license and the ability to travel up to 25% of the time may be required.
People. Collaboration. Insight. That's how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
We care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,500+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At MSC, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all qualified applicants and our associates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or any category protected by applicable law.