We all depend on healthcare throughout our lifetimes, for ourselves, and our families and friends, but it is notoriously difficult to navigate and understand. As an industry that comprises 20% of the US economy we think healthcare should work better for all of us. At Steer Health we believe it’s time for a new day in healthcare where as members we are informed and empowered to make the right care choices when the decisions are urgent and critical.
The EHR Implementation Project Manager is responsible for managing the project life cycle in support of key internal and external customers/stakeholders during the implementation of our Electronic Health Record (EHR) software application. The Project Manager participates in complex decision making; developing implementation strategies, definition, scope, and software analysis; and, maintaining project plans, budget, and timelines. The EHR Implementation Project Manager reports directly to the CEO.
● Manages full implementation project life cycle from kick-off preparation through implementation completion and transition to support.
● Works with internal teams ato advance and resolve project issues in order to optimize results ensuring project execution and accountability.
● Communicates project goals, milestones, expectations, and outcomes through regular touchpoints, distribution of status briefings, and facilitating internal and external meetings.
● Tracks project timelines and budget updating the team with status reports in order to meet and exceed projected metrics.
Supports the organization as needed.
Requirements and skills
● Must have knowledge of HL7 and FHIR APIs
● Highly detail oriented and meticulous project and task management
● Lead from discovery, requirements, definition, to delivery
● Collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders
● Demonstrated ability to manage complex IT projects including all elements of scope, schedule, budget, risk evaluation, issue resolution, quality, system integration, staffing, and communication driving the process with a big picture analysis.
● Must be able to self-manage and prioritize daily schedules, work effectively in a collaborative style with internal and external customers, team members, managers, and executives.
● Strong ability to pro-actively identify and mitigate project risks, escalate and track issues to resolution, and creatively problem solve to find alternative solutions.
● Must be solutions oriented and have the ability to drive for results that add value to the project goals.
● Great communication skills, proactive/action oriented with superior facilitation and presentation skills.
● Must have an adaptive project management and communication approach that aligns with the needs of the project.
● Independent and innovative spirit.
● Flexibility and responsiveness to input from project and project stakeholders.
● Ability to quickly grasp new concepts and technologies and adapt to changes and demands of the organization.
● Effective problem solver, strategic thinker, and self-motivated.
● Working knowledge of MS Office Suite, Adobe
Read our advice on how to answer the most common interview questions.