At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
The Digital Product Management capability is in the business of:
- Designing, building and maintaining digital products
- Aligning those digital products to the strategies and outcomes defined by the Business Segment Leaders and Future Channel Leaders
- And delivering them to the system of customers that we serve
- To enable deep adoption, excellent user experiences, optimize investment and the firm's digital transformation
The Product Operations department focuses on operationalizing cross portfolio alignment, measures, reporting and intake across Product Portfolios to enable value delivery in alignment with the Digital Product Management (DPM) purpose (above). We build out processes, improve consistencies across digital products, improve communication to stakeholders, and provide data analytical insights.
As a Project Leader, you will be a trusted advisor working with product managers, portfolio owners, and leaders across the area and the firm. This role is an opportunity to lead digital products to define and deliver business outcomes (get results through others, delegation, provide coaching and feedback) and an opportunity to manage up and influence other leaders. It requires experience with high-risk, complex business projects, and requires a high degree of strategic thinking, planning, organizing, driving for results, communicating with impact, and adapting to change. Responsibility Summary:
Qualifications Required in the Job:
- Leading a digital product with smaller/few product teams that contain a high degree of risk, visibility and urgency.
- Collaborate with project leader peers to determine best practices, share feedback and lessons learned.
- Driving and recommending process improvements, abandonment opportunities, and consistency within the product and help implement across the product portfolios
- Responsible for ensuring onboarding plans for new resources, including updating lists, tools, and access.
- Trusted advisor & partner for Product Managers to help plan and support the product vision and ongoing management of the product strategy.
- Facilitate intake process, prioritization and roadmap management (construct, manage, monitor).
- Partner with business leaders and teams to scope, define and coordinate work in support of business innovation and strategy.
- Partner with business leaders and teams to structure the questions to address, organize the work, manage resources, oversee and/or conduct analysis, synthesize findings, and develop recommendations.
- Assist with vendor selection process (including sourcing and SOW development) and assist with managing vendor relationship throughout the life of the project including financial management.
- Aid the cross-functional product teams to operate as effectively as possible with a focus on alignment, communication, and processes and scale.
- Provide timely communication of relevant data to senior leadership for decision making.
- Synthesize and communicate the internal feedback across the product to guide feature prioritization.
- As part of the intake process, ensure product priorities are disseminated to scrum teams.
- As part of the intake process, m anage and communicate Product priority shifts.
- Communicate status, milestones, and unexpected difficulties/issues effectively.
- Use metrics and controls to measure progress, take preventative and corrective action and escalate issues and risks when necessary.
- Remove roadblocks for the product teams regarding processes, tools, responsibilities as well as driving accountability challenges and escalation as needed.
- Foster communication and alignment across teams (dependencies, best practices, collaboration, Operating Forum documentation, active engagement in workshops, SharePoint, governance/decision-making, etc.).
- Ensure cross-product, cross-portfolio and cross-program collaboration and engagement that addresses interdependencies, consistent processes of engagement, and driving holistic stakeholder alignment.
- Establish and maintain effective communications and relationships across multiple areas, divisions, outside vendors who are supporting the product.
- Management of content artifacts tear sheets, e-mail distribution lists, roadmaps, Gantt charts, other communication mechanisms to bring visibility and transparency into the work.
- Identification, tracking and management of Product Resource needs and demands.
- Funding management and Operating Forum/Firm Portfolio Governance Group prep including budget planning, management and tracking, as well as third party invoice management.
- Establish and manage appropriate project change management process/mechanism to scope, schedule, and costs for non-IS pieces of work.
- Liaison between Product team and Scrum Teams through partnership with RTE.
- Product Liaison Scrum of Scrum.
- Escalate Sprint concerns to Product Leadership.
- Execute closure activities where all deliverables are finalized and formally transferred, and all documentation is signed off, approved, and archived.
- 3+ years of experience leading projects with a high level of complexity/integration that includes other projects and project leaders. (Prefer experience working on at least $2M enterprise-wide projects.)
- 3+ years of industry or product management experience. Previous leadership experience preferred.
- A bachelor's degree is preferred.
- MBA or graduate degree a plus.
- Must obtain appropriate licenses as required (Series 7 and 66) within 18 months of hire.
- Project management certification (PMP) or Agile Certification a plus.
- Effectively analyze and resolve complex problems while working with areas across the firm.
- Make and communicate complex decisions and/or recommendations with consideration for risks and long-term impacts. Some decisions may be in gray areas where little or no guidance is available.
- Effectively have span of influence in managing up, resolving conflict across multiple groups, and impacting processes and approaches used across the area and the firm
- Experience in planning for execution in Agile and Agile Transformations preferred.
- Working understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset, using various methodologies, techniques, and frameworks, such as Scrum, Kanban and XP, to deliver solutions
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills; effectively communicates with project team, other project leaders, multiple areas, divisions and outside vendors. Incorporates effective listening and collaboration skills.
- Superior presentation skills preferred.
- Superior organization and coordination skills.
- Ability to independently identify, prioritize, monitor, communicate, and/or resolve elements that can impact a product
- Experience leading idea cost / benefit reviews.
- FORTUNE 2020 Edward Jones was named No. 7 on the 2020 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list.
- From FORTUNE ©2020 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, Edward Jones Investments.
- Edward Jones Ranked No. 6 of the 100 best workplaces for millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE Magazine.
- 2020 Corporate Equality Index Edward Jones joins the ranks of 680 major U.S businesses that received top marks in the HRC Foundations 18th Annual Scorecard on LBGTQ Workplace Equality
- Edward Jones named a top company for training, ranking No. 25 on Training magazine's 2020 Training Top 125 list the highest ranking among the financial-services industry!
- Financial services firm Edward Jones has been named one of the 2019 Best Workplaces for Parents by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE magazine. The firm ranked No. 5 on the list of 50 companies, up two spots from last year.
- The Best Workplaces for Parents list is one of a series of rankings by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE based on employee feedback from Great Place to Work-Certified organizations. Edward Jones ranked No. 7 on the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work for in 2019 list, the firms 20th appearance on the list. The firm also was ranked the No. 1 Best Workplace in Financial Services & Insurance and the No. 6 Best Workplace for Millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE.
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status..... click apply for full job details