At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
At Edward Jones our DevOps enablement group is focused on enabling the adoption of public cloud. This group is laser focused on setting the tone for efficient workload assessment, establishment of a governance model and creating synergy with product teams to allow decentralized deployments into the cloud. In the Cloud Engineering role, you will be expected to enable the "you build it, you run it" mantra through the development of rapid service integrations and a steady focus on automation. A key focus for this role will be the establishment of an Infrastructure-as-Code deployment model that helps realize the speed that comes from the utilization of native cloud services. This role will bring you into contact with a diverse array of stakeholders from each area of the Technology division and will require solid collaboration skills as well as a belief in continuous improvement. This is an exceptional challenge and opportunity for someone who is excited for rapid change and continuous learning.What you'll Do:
Responsible for ensuring the availability of development tooling in a 24x7 environment. Responsible for applying basic analytical, business and technical skills to provide quality solutions and support to the Edward Jones Information Systems organization and technology environment.
- Monitor system availability of tools such as Jenkins, Jira, CloudBees CD, Artifactory
- Maintain system and application documentation
- Schedule and assist in performance of system maintenance.
- Coordinate escalation and/or resolution to problems that occur on shift.
- Exercise initiative and judgment to efficiently manage the schedule to meet critical timeframes. Detect and resolve abnormal conditions.
- Must be considered a subject matter expert in an I.S. discipline (business solutions, systems development, infrastructure area, planning, security) or technology layer or development language
- Proactively seeks technical improvements and takes the initiative to communicate/implement solutions.
- Responsible for applying technical knowledge to ensure availability of Edward Jones' systems
- Build basic business, technical and/or appropriate product knowledge
- Provide quality solutions for business and software needs
- Perform entry-level programming assignments
- Establish and maintain effective relationships across departments, business areas, and vendors. Excellent interpersonal skills. Seen as credible and trustworthy.
- Ability to multi-task and participate in multiple large and complex efforts or projects.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness in work.
- Embraces change and considers different approaches to issues.
- Takes personal responsibility to improve processes and systems.
- Ability to stay abreast of technology and industry best practices.
- The capacity to quickly understand a broad range of emerging technologies and the ability to apply and exploit target technology to support firm objectives.
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology is preferred or equivalent related work experience.
- A working knowledge of at least one or more of the following technologies:
- FORTUNE 2020 Edward Jones was named No. 7 on the 2020 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list.
- From FORTUNE ©2020 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, Edward Jones Investments.
- Edward Jones Ranked No. 6 of the 100 best workplaces for millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE Magazine.
- 2020 Corporate Equality Index Edward Jones joins the ranks of 680 major U.S businesses that received top marks in the HRC Foundations 18th Annual Scorecard on LBGTQ Workplace Equality
- Edward Jones named a top company for training, ranking No. 25 on Training magazine's 2020 Training Top 125 list the highest ranking among the financial-services industry!
- Financial services firm Edward Jones has been named one of the 2019 Best Workplaces for Parents by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE magazine. The firm ranked No. 5 on the list of 50 companies, up two spots from last year.
- The Best Workplaces for Parents list is one of a series of rankings by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE based on employee feedback from Great Place to Work-Certified organizations. Edward Jones ranked No. 7 on the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work for in 2019 list, the firms 20th appearance on the list. The firm also was ranked the No. 1 Best Workplace in Financial Services & Insurance and the No. 6 Best Workplace for Millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE.
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
At Edward Jones, we value and respect our associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career, financial security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors for a potential new associate:
Salary: $48393 - $79800