Brief Description of Sunnova
Sunnova is a different kind of Power Company, offering solar and storage services to homeowners within the United States and its territories through our network of local solar dealers and solar standard community homebuilders. Our mission is to Power Energy IndependenceTM and change the energy industry. At Sunnova, we believe in achieving more by working together; our diverse workforce allows an inclusive and innovative culture to power our long-term growth. Our people focus on thinking beyond traditional limits - and to do that, we need the creativity and energy of every person.
Come be a part of the fastest growing segment of the energy industry!
The Program Manager, Grid Services Position
Sunnova Energy is currently searching for a Program Manager for our growing Grid Services team. This individual will ensure our ongoing success in executed distributed energy services agreements between Sunnova and our third-party partners, such as utilities and grid operators, across the US and US territories.
The role will be responsible for managing grid transformation, demand response and responsive energy programs across solar, storage and new load management technologies. The Program Manager will coordinate and apply virtual power plant technologies to our new business initiatives, while collaborating across all functions to ensure a best-in-class experience for Sunnova customers, load serving entities, electrical network operators, utilities, and other Grid Services customers.
The right candidate will be able to leverage project management, analytics, and operations experience and skills across a fleet of distributed energy resources.
Program Manager, Grid Services Responsibilities
* Manages ownership of the success of Grid Services programs, while working across functions and departments throughout the sales to operations hand-off process
* Manages all internal and external reporting requirements, including system performance and economics
* Communicates with external partners to fulfill Sunnova's obligations for each program
* Manages ongoing program changes while serving as the subject matter expert for Grid Services programs
* Safeguards Sunnova's commitments and obligations, while maintaining relationships with our partners and customers enrolled in these programs
* Optimizes the post-launch processes for new customer offerings across Sunnova's fleet of distributed energy resources
* Manages stakeholder processes with customer care team to ensure high customer satisfaction and issue resolution
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Director of Energy Services
* Education required: Bachelor's Degree
* Minimum years of experience required: 3 years in program/project management or an operational role
* Previous experience in distributed energy
* Project management skills/methodology
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Good communication skills, both verbal and written
* Proficient in MS office tools, such as Outlook and Excel
* Open workspace in office setting if working in Houston
* US Remote
Sunnova offers a generous employee reward package that includes:
* Comprehensive benefits
* Competitive compensation & annual bonus
* Paid time off, including 10 holidays and Paid Parental Leave
* Cell phone allowance for many roles
* Free access to onsite fitness center in Houston and/or discounted fitness memberships through health provider
* Complimentary garage parking in Houston
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law
If you are selected for a position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process