At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of colleagues and customers.
The StormBreaker™ program has an immediate opening for a Program Cost Controls Financial Analyst. This role is the Finance Execution Lead, supporting across all 4 StormBreaker Pillars (Production, Tech Upgrade, Platform Integration and Test, and Sustainment). StormBreaker is a future Raytheon franchise program with $300M in yearly revenue and strong growth projections. The program is made up of Platform Integration and Test (F18/F35/SWM), Production, Technology upgrade and IDIQ activities with varying financial performance and contractual EVMS requirements.
This specific financial role serves as a critical business partner by providing analysis, insight and guidance to program leadership in order to enable strategic decision leading to program execution and fiduciary success. As this is a financially challenged program with multiple production phases and contract types, you must be able to prioritize and allocate resources in a challenging, deadline driven environment. In addition, professional and effective interpersonal communication skills are required due to the frequent interaction with program, product line and functional leadership.
The program includes an efficient and effective team that relies on personal initiative and integrity for success. Program culture is of high priority in this environment, and it is expected that you are capable of building business relationships, trust and rapport with business contacts within not only the program, but also the product line and customer teams. Primary duties will include support for BSEC Financial metrics tracking, analysis, and execution, EAC Support to Finance Leads across the Pillars, Proposal support for various contract types, CFR Accounting and analysis for the program. You will create and review summary level contract performance information to help consolidate executive level financial performance presentations including EV, AOP, Forecast, EACs, PLRs, and Corp Ops. In addition, this position will work closely with various functional organizations during the EAC development process, as well as monitoring these organizations performance against agreed upon budgets. Experience with EACs, technical accounting, Contract assets and liabilities, and/or Financial Metrics analysis are highly desired.
There's no such thing as a perfect candidate, so don't hold back. Your qualifications could add tremendous value to our team. Our customers come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you're passionate about what you could accomplish here, we'd love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
* Perform ad-hoc requests, design and execute creative solutions/opportunities to program and process challenges, assist in the development of fundamental and intermediary analytical skills of junior analysts, and act as the standing business manager during instances of travel/PTO absence.
* Create and review summary level contract performance information to help create, consolidate & review executive level financial performance presentations including EACs, Execution Reviews, and Corp Ops
* Work closely with various functional organizations during the EAC development process; as well as, monitoring these organizations performance against agreed upon budgets.
* Providing support of financial planning activities (BSEC, AOP, 5-year)
* Financial point of contact for program management inclusive of interactions with various non-finance organizations including Engineering, Supply Chain, and Operations.
* Creation and management of project budgets
* Weekly and Monthly BSEC Analysis and reporting
* Generation and analysis of monthly metrics
* Trend and variance analysis
* Labor and material forecasting
* Budgeting, forecasting, and variance analysis of resources for current and future orders
* Variable and fixed labor assessment to determine optimal manpower levels
* Risk and opportunity valuation and impact on contract profitability
An advanced degree in a related field may be substituted for additional years of experience as follows: Master's is equal to 2 years of experience.
Qualifications You Must Have:
* Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics or related
* 5 Years of professional experience in a related finance role
* Experience with Earned Value Management techniques
* Strong experience with Excel (pivot tables, AO reports, power queries, advanced formulas).
* Experience with SAP (PRISM, Business Warehouse or similar) and Microsoft Office.
* Experience with with functional roles and responsibilities in a production environment (touch labor, support labor, material).
* Experience with program control responsibilities which include meeting internal requirements such as coordinating budgetary agreements, preparing EACs and monthly forecasts
Qualifications We Value:
* Working knowledge of financial planning system (RPlan).
* Clear, succinct written and verbal communication skills.
* Work relatively independently and be self-motivated and have excellent communication skills
* Comfort and willingness to taking on new challenges.
* Work in a fast paced team environment, be able to interact with multiple layers within the organization and be able to make recommendations for appropriate solutions.
* Demonstrated leadership experience and ability to communicate effectively with peers and higher management.
* Experience using other Microsoft Office tools (including Word and PowerPoint).
* Experience with project or task financial management and support including analyzing budgets, monitoring actual cost data, developing forecasts, and providing variance analysis.
* Understanding of business management principles, concepts and practices and the ability to provide potential solutions for cost and schedule performance issues.
* Experience using financial software systems (such as SAP R/3: APEX, PRISM and Business Warehouse).
* Able to meet critical deadlines and develop and apply solutions and process improvements in a fast paced changing business environment.
* Experience with financial evaluations of production programs, engineering projects, and/or process improvements- strong understanding of what is driving variance within data sets.
* Understanding of Accounting standards and practices.
* Defense Contracting Finance work experience.
What We Offer:
Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the excellent benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.