Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours Mercy Health!Summary:
The Professional Recruiter will perform and manage full-desk recruitment and talent acquisition across the organization. This includes sourcing candidates, coordinating interviews with hiring managers, and handling all offer preparation and negotiation. The Professional Recruiter will provide a high level of proactive and consultative support to hiring managers and other internal stakeholders. Continuously driving the process and assuring the best candidate are hired within the full lifecycle of recruitment while positively impacting first year retention. Portfolio will include a majority of hard-to-recruit, allied health, clinical and/or licensed professional, support service corporate office, or leadership positions. Essential Functions:
- Provides counseling, mentoring and consultative support that promotes the retention and recruitment of Clinical and Professional positions within all departments of their designated site/s or area/s of support. Maintains understanding and knowledge of organization's staffing, recruitment and retention initiatives and unit-specific staffing matrix.
- Implements creative recruitment tactics that attract new and experienced staff; aware of local, state, and national labor and recruitment trends; develops short-and long-range plans. Implements best practices for recruitment and retention. Develops effective recruitment plans to fill open positions within scope of responsibility with quality candidates.
- Actively screens applicants/resumes. Conducts telephone screens, online surveying, and face-to-face interviews; recommends top candidates to hiring managers. Effectively negotiates and extends hiring offers. Ensures completion of pre-hire requirements.
- Tracks and trends vacancy, turnover rates and productivity measures for departments and service-lines within area of responsibility. Meets routinely with Department Managers to plan and anticipate needs based on business development strategies. Meets Recruiter productivity goals (for example, hiring volumes, % candidate diversity, turnover, etc.).
- Works in collaboration with sites to identify employment needs for positions which fall within area of responsibility. Acts as a liaison between new staff and management to effectively onboard new hires. Coaches managers on presenting their departments to potential candidates and provides recommendations on the retention of staff as needed. Communicates with new staff recruited at 30-60-90 days to identify issues/problems that may be resolved.
- Attends or coordinates recruitment events. Represents all areas of organization as needed. Proactively initiates and maintains relationships with local chambers of commerce, professional organizations/associations, educational institutions and other job seekers sources and referring organizations related to recruitment portfolio. Helps develop co-op, internship and other programs to source and attract candidates. Serves on boards or committees to identify candidate sources and provide input regarding desired workforce qualifications and attributes.
- The duties above are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or working conditions associated with the job. Employees may be required to perform other job-related duties as required by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation.
- Required Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
- Specialty/Major - Human Resources, Business, Communications, or Related field
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- 3+ years solid recruitment experience, required
- 1-year minimum experience in a healthcare setting, preferred
- Experience working in healthcare setting with multiple markets and/or sites, preferred
- Combination of post-secondary education and experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Advanced use of staffing tools such as applicant tracking systems, job boards, and social media (CareerBuilder, Indeed, LinkedIn, etc.).
- High level of understanding of HR concepts, policies and procedures - EEO laws and others related to recruitment.
- High understanding of general labor market conditions and healthcare workforce.
- Proven ability to consistently and positively contribute in a fast paced, results-oriented work environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook PowerPoint.
- Previous applicant tracking system experience with Workday preferred.
- Excellent time management skills, flexibility and willingness to support multiple functional areas, adapts easy to change.
- Ability to deliver results in an ambiguous environment with capacity to effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; strong influencer.
- Ability to use good judgment and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to coordinate multiple priorities.
- Advanced negotiation skills.
Bon Secours Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We'll also reward your hard work with:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Days (United States of America)Department:
SS Human Resources - Talent Acquisition
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you'd like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health - Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours - Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email . If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at .