: Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker always asking, What if?
If so, then you may be the new team member were looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters whether youre developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless. What we do
Were the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live. What youll do
Were looking for a Senior Associate Production Support Technical Consultant to support SAS US Government & Public Sector Healthcare services and support engagements by providing technical support, trouble shooting, root cause analysis and remediation for large-scale projects that utilize healthcare interoperability standards, specifically in the context of a Health Information Exchange (HIE).
This individual will use their hands-on development experience to support, diagnose issues and debug, correct and maintain Mirth Connect Integration Engine, Ensemble and any related integrations while using best practices, providing technical support to interface development and broader support resources, and staying current on industry activities to serve as a domain expert. In addition, the resource will proactively identify and communicate the impact of technical considerations to internal and external leadership, stakeholders and non-technical business users. You will:
What were looking for
- Collaborate with a matrixed team to support, maintain and execute standard operations and special projects within the SAS US Public Sector Healthcare Practice regarding LIVE and in PRODUCTION 24/7 applications and integrations.
- Provide hands-on technical remediation expertise and consulting for large-scale customer projects and implementations that utilize healthcare interoperability standards (e.g. HL7/FHIR, CDA, IHE, X12).
- Advise on technical design best practices for healthcare interfaces to ensure health of all functionality transitioned to the Support Team.
- Author RCA, technical design and specification documents for internal and external audiences.
- Serve as a technical resource for scaling, maintaining and managing the Nextgen Mirth Connect Integration Engine, Ensemble and related integrations.
- Deliver level of effort estimates, assumptions and risks associated with implementing new/upgraded technical solutions or reported issues/defects that leverage healthcare interoperability standards.
- Research and understand technical implementation solutions that utilize SAS software, with thorough consideration of best in breed technologies.
- Stay current on industry activities related to interoperability standards and the tools/software used to support these standards.
- Understand the ISC general data structure to assist in creating needed customer/management reports and analytics using SAS tools
- Participate in product and solution training to acquire and maintain a detailed level of product knowledge of core components of SAS offerings.
- Provide rotational, Level-2 for Frontline HelpDesk Team and on-call support for Severity Level 1/0 Issues (afterhours and holidays)
The nice to haves
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Computer Science, or related field
- 2+ or more years developing and maintaining healthcare interfaces that utilize interoperability standards (e.g. HL7/FHIR, CDA, IHE, X12)
- Experience with 2 or more HL7 integration engines including Nextgen/Mirth Connect, Intersystems Ensemble and others (e.g., Rhapsody, Cloverleaf)
- Experience supporting and developing HL7, CCD and Bidirectional Interfaces in Mirth Connect.
- Experience gathering technical requirements and presenting technical information to broad teams, leadership, and non-technical audiences which may include healthcare executives and care providers
- Technical writing skills and experience creating technical specification documents for distribution externally
- Experience in a customer facing role
- Laser focused ability to problem solve as well as resolve issues in a timely or iterative way to ensure customer/participant impact is at an absolute minimum.
- Willingness and eagerness to grow into new areas of healthcare services and support as needed (e.g. population health, healthcare analytics, receipts based HIE business model, broadened exchange capabilities, new technologies to improve current offerings, etc.)
- Ability to travel as business needs require Customer is located in Raleigh, NC
- Youre curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Experience using and deploying SAS or similar products in a healthcare setting
- Experience supporting, developing and maintaining healthcare interfaces using Mirth Connect.
- Experience with Mirth Connect and Ensemble
- Work location in US - Remote or Cary, NC
- Ability to communicate with people of various technical and business backgrounds
- Ability to engage with customers to identify business problems and requirements
- Deep knowledge of current issues and trends within healthcare interoperability, specifically in the context of Health Information Exchange
- Exposure to SAS products
- Ability to relate current industry issues and trends to SAS offerings
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isnt about fitting into our culture, its about adding to it - and we cant wait to see what youll bring.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law . Also view the supplement EEO is the Law , and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
In order to work at SAS, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If there is a medical or religious reason preventing you from receiving an available COVID-19 vaccination, and you are selected as a candidate for consideration, we have an accommodations process in place to evaluate those requests.Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at . SAS only sends emails from verified sas.com email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at before taking any further action.