ISO, a Verisk business, has been a leading source of information about property/casualty insurance risk since 1971. For a broad spectrum of commercial and personal lines of insurance, ISO provides statistical, actuarial, underwriting, and claims information and analytics; compliance and fraud identification tools; policy language; information about specific locations; and technical services. ISO serves insurers, reinsurers, agents and brokers, insurance regulators, risk managers, and other participants in the property/casualty insurance marketplace. To learn more about ISO please visit us at: We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It's the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It's why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It's the aim of our "returnship" program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it's what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers' problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We've been recognized by Forbes as a World's Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk's Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.Job Description
The ISO Underwriting unit of Verisk Insurance Solutions is hiring an experienced Product Manager, Workers Compensation Underwriting to manage ISO's small commercial underwriting efforts.
- Leverage Workers Comp market, underwriting, and/or product expertise to lead the build and design/execution of the go-to-market of a data- and analytics-driven underwriting solution that is best-in-class
- Identify and analyze data sources, build client and vendor relationships, and implement marketing initiatives in support of carriers' and distributors' goals in the Workers compensation market
- Partner with both internal and external stakeholders to procure development partner and market feedback, leveraging Verisk's comprehensive internal and external network of talent and data
- Lead the product portion of sales opportunities to ensure effective positioning of the solution's value proposition and customer comfort with the product capabilities to support the ambitious growth goals of the product line
- Liaise between product colleagues, marketing, and sales to ensure streamlined messaging driven by customer needs and how existing and emerging Verisk capabilities can solve these needs
- Provide industry thought leadership through white papers, articles, presentations, conferences, and customer conversations
- 5 to 10 years commercial insurance product and/or underwriting experience, with a focus on Workers Compensation
- Understands the basics of technology and the convergence of software and data/analytics in support of straight through processing
- Quantitative background with a focus on high quality data and analytics
- Prior product development/management experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills. Ability to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) with internal staff and external stakeholders
- Comfortable speaking in front of a room full of industry executives but can also dive into the details of a challenging quantitative problem to solve customer needs
- Strong critical thinking, analytical problem-solving and negotiating skills; business creativity is a must
- 10% - 15% travel
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.Consumer Privacy NoticeAt Verisk, the health and safety of our people is our number one priority. Effective November 15, 2021, and subject to applicable law, all prospective hires for office based roles or roles that support any of our businesses' government contracts will be required to demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, or qualify for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement, as a condition of employment. Hired candidates who do not demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, and who have not been approved for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation will no longer meet the requirements for employment and their offers of employment will be immediately rescinded, in accordance with applicable law.