Takeda is advancing an exciting product pipeline and wants to ensure that we have the infrastructure and talent in place to support it. Our overall goal is to get our therapeutics to patients quickly by having the right operational model and integrated clinical data pipeline to support delivery.
The product manager will contribute to Takeda's mission by leading the development and implementation of one or more product strategies within a transformational R&D trial data program. This data program will include an integrated data flow with end-to-end control of data, internalization of numerous systems and processes, broad enablement of automation and near-time data access, efficient data review and query, and enablement of disruptive technologies for next-generation trial designs and insight derivation.
The product manager will:
Delivery & Business Accountabilities: The Product Manager is expected to:
- Lead the development of one or more product strategies, integrating them into a long-term roadmap, and set priorities for product capabilities and features in response to business needs, IT architecture, product deployment and release.
- Proactively monitor and maintain product-related end-to-end customer/business experiences and influence relevant stakeholders to deliver successful product releases.
- Partner with peers within IT to drive continuous improvement of service processes, user experiences and application optimization.
- Manage the partnership between the product team (including developers, testers, validation etc.) and project team members to deliver key business opportunities and outcomes and drive continuous delivery of value employing agile IT lifecycle management from product prototyping, development, optimizations, and renewals to product termination.
CORE ELEMENTS RELATED TO THIS ROLE:
- Drive the development of a product vision, strategy, and global roadmap taking into consideration key stakeholder capability and product needs.
- Serve as the technical SME on assigned products and consult as needed with other integrating systems
- Engage with business stakeholders and IT on current business plans, development of future opportunities, including strategies aimed to create a pipeline of meaningful product releases.
- Manage and influence key stakeholders across business and technology to develop, outline, and communicate product visions.
- Oversee development, testing, validation, and support vendors & ensure compliance with all Takeda processes and procedures.
- Engage with key IT stakeholders to drive architecture, infrastructure, and quality excellence throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Use broad knowledge of IT to define and enhance products, develop prototypes, and create a roadmap for ongoing and new product development.
- Regularly leverage strong interpersonal skills toward reaching agreement on approach, development and implementation of products and
- Manage the Product Life Cycle(s) for the business by translating potential pipeline products to agile development project, work closely with development teams to create new business product releases focusing on additional and/or new functionality, product simplification and to increase transparency.
- Drive prioritization of the product backlog to keep agile teams unblocked and aligned.
- Participate and lead gathering of research to identify articulated and non-articulated product needs (in terms of Personas, problem-set, solution-space).
- Closely monitor product portfolios and business composition, gathering relevant data to gain new insight, adjust roadmaps, and optimize delivery plan
- Manage sustainability of the end-to-end customer experience
- Estimate approximate workload requirements and timeline predictions for projects and monitor and prioritize workflow and capacity toward delivering the greatest value to the product users.
- Communicate challenges and successes within project groups, IT and business.
- Oversee and manage product budgets established in consultation with stakeholders by balancing resources and adjusting product vision as needed Monitor and refine products, enhancing service management and expert opportunities to optimize user experiences.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS: Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Highly cross-functional role with broad scope of responsibilities
- High visibility and critical impact on the future of the business
- Seasoned product leader with in-depth knowledge of product management in pharmaceutical industry
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Inspire, motivate and drive results
- Effectively communicate ideas and data verbally and in writing
- Provide input to highly complex decisions that impact overall R&D
- Seek input from multiple constituents and stakeholders to drive innovative solutions
- Incorporate feedback and ensure decisions are implemented swiftly to yield flawless execution
- Effectively negotiate and resolve conflicts in a constructive manner
- Build strong relationships and collaborate effectively with other interfacing Takeda functions
- Recommend, influence, and implement organizational change and innovation
- Identify opportunities and anticipate changes in the business landscape through an understanding and ongoing assessment of the environment affecting the business.
- Serve as a role model, demonstrating respect and inclusion, creating a culture that fosters innovation
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS: Required:
- Navigate in a global ecosystem (internal and external) with a high degree of complexity
- Recognize and understand broader, enterprise level perspective
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in a scientific discipline, computer science or business administration is preferred.
- 6 years or more of relevant professional experience in research of development business lines, Product Management, IT service delivery or related area.
- Professional in-depth knowledge of product management in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Hands-on experience of authoring User Stories, experience with dev-ops tool set such as JIRA & Confluence
- Experience in stakeholder relationship management. Influential in orchestrating key stakeholders and product teams to turn product vision into reality.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, business acumen, and enterprise knowledge.
- Extensive experience in design or in implementing solutions or products and preferable experienced in quality improvement.
- Understand design thinking and can explain and convince stakeholders.
- Work with virtual/agile teams in various locations, aligning and adapting different work, culture, and communication styles.
- Able to think counterproductive, out of the box and ability to influence stakeholders.
- Extensive Project management experience.
- Master's Degree
- Familiarity working in a lean and agile software delivery team.
- Working knowledge of CTMS, eTMF, and other clinical trial operational systems
- Working knowledge of risk-based quality management practices and systems
- Experience with the design and development of pharmaceutical life science products.
Base Salary Range: $ 130,200 - $186,000 based on candidate professional experience level. Employees may also be eligible for Short Term and Long-Term Incentive benefits as well. Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid Volunteer Time Off.
This position is currently classified as "REMOTE" in accordance with Takeda's Hybrid and Remote Work policy. EEO Statement
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law. Locations
Massachusetts - Virtual Worker Type
Employee Worker Sub-Type
Regular Time Type