Are you eager to make an impact on one of the most important and underserved issues in the US healthcare system? Naviguard, a fully owned UnitedHealth Group Ventures company, is on a mission to protect patients from surprise bills by building a revolutionary consumer protection business. This new business will be dedicated to helping patients understand and mitigate the unexpected financial risks they face. As an employee of this new business, you can expect to be a part of a dynamic organization that is fast-paced and driven by our vision to promote healthcare affordability and accountability nationwide.
The Product Manager will play a critical role in defining, designing and executing on the development of the new business product portfolio that manages out-of-network utilization and patient experience. This position requires a motivated self-starter who is excited to join in the early stages of a new business and has the flexibility and versatility to pivot to meet evolving business needs.
Core functions of the product manager includes developing and maintain product roadmaps, defining product features based on external and internal needs, maintaining a backlog of ideas, working with integrated design, operations and development teams to deliver functionality, reporting on product performance, staying abreast of competing products, and communicating with external users and internal stakeholders across the organization.
- Evaluate and analyze regulatory and market expansion requirements and product implications and priorities
- Identify, evaluate, and present options to drive metric-based decision making.
- Product Management of incremental processes, systems and tools including backlog management, collaboration with SME's and overall prioritization.
- Collaborate with Product Management peers to ensure seamless integration and avoid conflicting or redundant functions
- Product Ownership of processes, systems and tools including requirements gathering, participating in Agile product methodology, SME approvals, demo's and partnering on end user training
- Product Design relating to the services including driving ideation with SME's, enhancements, product expansion opportunities and overall workflow for users.
- Own one or more development team's priorities and supply them with use cases, business requirements, and personas that reflect constituent expectations and best practices
- Ensure legal and regulatory
- Gather and analyze user and client feedback on our products (complaints, NPS results, user panels, UAT, etc.)
- Build relationships across stakeholders who will provide guidance to develop product vision and roadmap
- Communicate key capabilities and features to leadership, SME's and users
- Prioritize and contribute to the backlog of enhancements
- Drive innovation into our product portfolio in collaboration with business, operational and technology leaders
- Ability to think systemically and execute methodically
- Strong interpersonal, communication, problem solving, and project management
- High attention to detail including ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality
- Bachelor's Degree or work experience equivalent
- 4+ years of product or capability management experience
- 3+ years using product development and agile principles
- 3+ years of health care industry experience
- MBA or equivalent
- Experience in products or capabilities which support federal and state regulatory compliance
- Experience managing technical teams
- Proven ability to manage relationships and influence others without formal authority
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and balance multiple priorities
- Intermediate efficiency in MS Office: Visio, PowerPoint, Word