About the role:
Angi is seeking an experienced, results-driven Product Manager to join our Pro Experience team. This person will improve one of the mobile apps our service professionals use on a daily basis in a marketplace that generates nearly $1bn annually. They will have the opportunity to build personalized experiences that make sure pros are set up to get jobs done well, and to get the most return out of our marketplace.
What you’ll do:
- Develop a deep understanding of the data, key metrics and trends that drive pros’ experiences in our marketplace.
- Use those insights to identify new opportunities to help pros grow their business, and help Angi achieve it’s OKR’s.
- Rapidly and iteratively build and launch innovative changes to our Angi for Services or Angi Leads apps to support home service professionals.
- Craft and own your roadmap that focuses on ambitious goals, builds momentum, and inspires passion in the engineering and design team you’ll partner with.
- Partner with a team of talented software engineers, design and data analysts to execute your plan.
- Develop a deep understanding of all metrics in the marketplace so you’re always making data informed decisions that properly balance short-term revenue and long term value.
- Thrive within ambiguity and find new, creative ways to solve problems every day, with data as your guide.
- Identify and launch new product ideas with a thoughtful, but fast, data-driven approach.
- When there is a gap in data, partner with data teams to close those gaps.
- Ruthlessly prioritize the most impactful things so you’re always learning what’s best for our customers.
- Collaborate with Design, Data Science, Engineering, Analytics, Strategy, and Operations to make smart decisions that deliver for customers and pros.
Who you are:
- Experienced problem solver: you have 2+ years of product management experience, including leading a team of engineers in an Agile environment. If not direct Product Management experience, you have experience solving problems for customers and leading a team to build solutions.
- Data-fluent: you have a hands-on approach finding, pulling and using data to solve problems, identify opportunities, and are capable of inventing and using new metrics to learn and make decisions. You are excited to dive deep into the data using analytical tools.
- Deeply curious: you operate with a sense of urgency and always look for new ways to understand our customers and create value on their behalf.
- Biased for action: you make good decisions with incomplete data and are constantly optimizing for learning. You find creative ways around blockers and always have an option for what’s next and never an excuse for why you can’t proceed.
- Know the product type: Strong bias for experience building mobile apps or hybrid (mobile+web) apps - especially in a B2B setting or marketplace setting.
- A bar raiser: you inspire others to bring their ‘A’ game and are constantly looking for opportunities for improvement. You don’t accept “because that is the way we’ve always done it.”
- An owner: you can seamlessly straddle thinking about both the product and the business and are equally comfortable talking about funnel metrics and P+L's. You never say “that is not my job.”
- A compelling story-teller: you use both qualitative and quantitative data to influence key stakeholders, inspire your team, and you can tailor your message to your audience.
- Collaborative partner: you are able to build strong relationships and lead via influence. You are a servant leader to your engineering and design partners, and you seamlessly juggle priorities of multiple stakeholders.
We value diversity:
We know that the best ideas come from product teams where diverse points of view uncover new solutions to hard problems. We welcome and value individuals who bring diverse life experiences, educational backgrounds, cultures, and work experiences.
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $100,000-$150,000 commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world