We are looking for a Product Manager to support our Digital Services transformation. This product owner will lead the development priorities and commercialization of software service solutions that provide robust capabilities and ease of use. This is a newly created role within Instrument and Enterprise Services that reports into the Services Marketing Center of Excellence. This role will be responsible to support digital innovation services with special focus on the development of a customer knowledge strategy and related user experience. The product manager is responsible for the positioning and strategy of the knowledge products and services, including pricing, forecasting, and profitablilty analysis for new solutions, ongoing product improvements as well as managing the full lifecycle of those solutions. The product manager will lead cross functionally to deliver product requirements, owns voice of the customer/business, and will be expected to keep pace with the fast-evolving digital product landscape.
We are seeking an experienced manager that can work closely with other business units/divisions, functional partners, and marketing counterparts to support the prioritization and commercialization of these service solutions. He/she will also have the opportunity to partner with Business Development to ensure that we have a successful Global Go-to-Market strategy, launch support materials and a customer centric approach to drive uptake of these solutions.
Understand the voice of customer, market and business insights to drive product planning
* Gather business requirements from a variety of sources including customers, employees, competitive and market research.
* Conduct in-depth customer research to identify industry trends, understand pain points, and identify unmet customer needs.
* Work with designers and the technical team to define and prioritize features and product requirements.
* Develop users stories and journey maps based on customer insights.
* Run data analysis to support strategic direction and drive cross functional alignment
New Product definition & Go-to-Market Launch Planning
* Knowledge on how to incorporate the Voice of the Customer (VOC) & market insights into the development & deployment of service product solutions
* Drive business success through impactful customer facing product launches, smart lifecycle decisions and evolution of product solutions
* Manage product price corridors, new product forecasts, AOP investments & returns, business case justifications & budget management
* Focus on laying out a differentiated product value proposition that delivers unique value based on customer frictions points and needs
* Delivers against success metrics, KPIs, key marketing and commercial launches schedules
* Works closely with Business Development to develop a global go-to-market commercial strategy to support key launches that can be localized by business and region
Product Lifecycle Management & Monitoring
* Oversee the health of product(s) to ensure solutions remain relevant or are updates to evolve with the changing customer needs
* Manages End-of-Life (EOL) marketing plans that include product migration and service support ramp downs in order to minimize customer and business disruption
Detail Oriented, Collaborative and Engaging Team player
* Expert in multitasking, driving priorotization and works well under pressure
* Works with a positive outlook and is able to rally and focus cross functional partners
* Must have outstanding attention to detail and strong process rigor
* 5+ years of product marketing experience and knowledge Required
* Sales, Service & Software experience a plus
* Professional education and training experience also a plus
* Marketing product development and launch experience a must.
* Strong customer engagement mindset and commercial experience
* Experience working in cross functional project teams
* Experience working in environments with strong cross functional/Matrix collaboration
* Bachelor's Degree in business or related field