The Company Financials product team at Bloomberg designs and builds company analysis tools for the Bloomberg Terminal, API and Enterprise. This includes marquee applications on Bloomberg such as: Financial Analysis (FA) Analyst Recommendations (ANR) Estimates (EEO) and Models (MODL), and all company financials data which feeds downstream into other applications. We are expanding the team, along with similar hiring in our Engineering and Data Operations departments, to ensure we provide best of breed solutions to clients.
The team structure itself around solving client problems. Most of which require tracking the evolution of a data point from data processing, to database and data taxonomy, to API syntax design, to front-end applications as we bring a product to market. Given the range of skills needed a willingness to learn and work as a team player is essential, as are excellent communication skills.
You would be responsible for understanding our target clients and underserved needs, and then designing, prioritizing and executing a strategy all the way to taking it to market and measuring efficacy. Examples of areas you could be working on include:
- > Providing clients with a robust company financial estimates. This could involve liaising with brokers for contributions, consolidation of technology stacks for estimates processing, modelling support for point-in-time consensus, and looking at strategies to increase precision and recall of data extraction from models.
- > Allowing clients to easily discover relevant content for company analysis. This could involve: improving our company financials taxonomy and field search tools, alerting, and building a knowledge graph linking company financial data to relevant alt data sets.
We'll trust you to:
- > Providing clients with comprehensive company financial data. This could involve: as-reported data integration, expanding our guidance offering, and building rules for derivation/standardization of company financials data.
You'll need to have:
- Maintain and evolve a business plan for the Company Financials products
- Partner with Engineering and Data operations to ensure deliverables are well understood, and align with the overall business goals
- Work with Marketing and Sales to promote our product to clients
- Come up with metrics to measure business impact and success
- Keep abreast of the competitive environment and client trends
We would love to see:
- Demonstrable skills in designing systems for data processing, data modelling or APIs
- Technical fluency- being comfortable discussing technical concepts and experience evaluating trade-offs in design with Engineering
- Knowledge of how company financials data is used by different financial market players (especially Portfolio Managers and Analysts)
If this sounds like you:
- Extensive Product Manager experience bringing complex products to market
- Experience using a Scrum Agile process
- A degree/masters/PhD in a STEM subject or Economics/Finance
- Experience working with Software as a Service (SAAS)
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/professional .
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.