Product Manager Senior
The Product Manager (PM) Senior reports to the Director of Technology.
The PM Senior belongs to the Product team to ensure our digital tools consistently and effectively meet users’ needs, also facilitating their action-taking.
A Product Manager Senior lead a member-focused, innovative Product team to improve our digital tools and develop new products to drive member engagement.
Product Manager Senior Responsibilities
- Lead a member-focused, innovative Product team to improve CitizenGO’s existing digital tools and develop new products to drive member engagement with an eye towards human dignity and freedom, financial sustainability, member experience, and growth.
- Lead high-risk product or feature decisions, transitions, and/or launches in close partnership with the Director of Technology and the Directors of Campaigns.
- Oversee discovery, ideation, design, development, strategy, optimization, and implementation of new digital products across the organization.
- Manage the Product team’s budget, general staff resourcing decisions, and relationships with major technical vendors in partnership with the Director of Technology.
- Build relationships and work across the organization with campaigners, email and mobile strategists, fundraisers, operations, and engineers to unblock work, decrease communication silos, and promote a shared understanding of product vision.
- Promote a culture of experimentation, data-informed decision-making, and member-listening across the organization, and support staff members in developing these skills.
The core responsibilities of a Senior Product Manager at CitizenGO will be to work with and lead a pod of design/engineering in order to:
- Identify opportunities: Dig through data, talk to users, look at competitors, talk to our own team, and look at big-picture trends in consumer web. Use all these to identify opportunities that grow our members’ impact, grow our engaged audience, increase our sustainability, and deliver value to users.
- Set direction: Collaborate with leadership, engineers, designers, and campaigners to build and set a longer-term product direction that we’re working towards, with clear goals and measurements of success.
- Scope features: Turn ideas and direction into ruthlessly prioritized and tightly scoped features that can be built fast and iterated on. Work with engineering and design to assess the upside, analyze cost, and always have a plan for what the next big swing will be.
- Lead implementation: Shepherd features through the full implementation lifecycle. Identify and break through roadblocks, ensure timely coordination with and communication with relevant stakeholders.
- Analyze results: Dig into quantitative and qualitative data to understand how members engage with a feature or product. Pull out relevant insights. Use your judgment and data to decide on next steps.
- Learn, iterate, improve: Build and manage your process such that you’re always learning, always improving efficiency, and regularly releasing high-impact, delightful features.
Product Manager Senior Requirements
- Minimum 3 years of product management experience and 1 year of leadership experience.
- Experience with setting product vision and roadmaps across a suite of consumer-facing products and objectives. Previous experience with tools like Marketo, Salesforce, and Google Analytics is a plus.
- Significant experience leading and evaluating product or feature launches from beginning to end across technical and nontechnical teams.
- Strong organizational, project management, and general process management skills, including decision-making, documentation, and prioritization.
- Strong user experience and analytical skills, including market research, user testing, journey mapping, A/B testing, build vs. buy decision-making, and familiarity with basic SQL and statistics.
- Ability to communicate fluently with technical and non-technical staff and facilitate meetings to clarify cross-team discussions.
- Fluency in English is a requirement. Duolingo English Test is required for all non-natives with a minimum 100 (B2 equivalent) score. Spanish and other additional languages are an asset.
- Passion and commitment to human dignity, life, family, liberty, citizen empowerment, and social change.
- Self-directedness CitizenGO is a virtual office, and while you will interact with your colleagues constantly, you will be driving your own workflow and output. Excellent personal organization and time management skills are key.
- Experience at startups or web-based companies is a huge plus.
- Comfort working in a highly agile, intensely iterative software development process.
- High professionalism, self-motivation, efficiency, and results-oriented delivery on short timelines.
Top 10 reasons to work for CitizenGO:
- We’re winning. Our campaigning works and we’re changing politics and policies across the world. Check out some of our recent victories here.
- Our tactics are bold and effective. We do what’s needed to win campaigns, whether it’s launching petitions, partnering with like-minded organizations, helping our members call the decision maker or rallying on the streets.
- Large funders don’t control our strategy. We work with members to do what’s best for the world each and every time.
- We thrive in risky situations. We don’t let powerful forces like the Spanish Socialist Government or Soros’s empire bully us with legal, brand or financial threats. We’re experts at navigating risk and meeting threats head on, in the media, the courts or on the streets.
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don’t feel remote. We don’t have a head office, so you’re not in a satellite office.
- Work on campaigns that make an impact so you can enjoy defending life, family and freedom and changing the world.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don’t burn out.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto.
Vacation & Holidays: Join CitizenGO and enjoy 24 vacation days per year and local public holidays. We also provide various types of leave, such as parental, sick, medical, and bereavement. Attractive Benefits: Embrace the freedom of working remotely at CitizenGO, with flexible hours and a consistent 40-hour work week. Benefit from our tuition reimbursement program (up to 500 per year), English/Spanish language courses (USD120 per month on iTalki), and an annual Christmas gift. Each team member may receive one free book per month (up to 30). Practical Assistance for Your Success: We equip you with the necessary tools to excel in your role, including Chromebooks, mobile phone lines, and smartphones for select positions. Work comfortably with our home office setup allowance (up to 500 every two years) and coworking memberships (up to 200 per month). Innovative Technology: CitizenGO grants access to Copy.ai, an AI-powered copywriting platform, and Grammarly, designed to enhance the quality of your English writing. Engaging Meetups: Connect and collaborate with your colleagues during our annual retreats, evaluation meetings, mini-retreats, conferences, summits, and monthly meetups in Madrid.