As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health brings 30 years of healthcare industry expertise to clients in more than 135 local regions nationwide. We help our clients strengthen their financial and clinical performance, serve their communities and succeed at the business of healthcare. Conifer Health helps organizations transition from volume to value-based care, enhance the consumer and patient healthcare experience and improve quality, cost and access to healthcare. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step! JOB SUMMARY
The Director I, Product Line Management, is tasked with the implementation of companywide initiatives for the revenue cycle processes within their product line. This individual will work with key stakeholders (Operations, IS, PMO, Compliance, etc.) to identify and implement strategic business solutions in order to meet the Revenue Cycle needs. The Director I, Product Line Management will have the overall responsibility for leading a team and driving improvements through initiatives and/or break fix solutions.
Position is typically responsible for one product line within the Revenue Cycle for all Conifer Clients. Team consists of both technical and functional support. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Others may be assigned.
- Work closely with key Operational stakeholders to understand the needs of each market segment across all products and initiatives. Critically evaluate information gained from multiple sources; reconcile conflicting inputs, through configurations where appropriate.
- Compose technical information into clear, concise product documentation for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Train others internally on products and recent development.
- Participate in retrospectives to assess what is working well and lessons learned; propose process improvements.
- Supervise, delegate with guidance, provide positive and constructive feedback
- Drive progress. Monitor team to make sure that shifting priorities are conveyed to stakeholders and that there's a conscious decision between temporarily deprioritized versus permanently forgotten.
- Anticipate, identify and resolve complex issues; Help the organization keep a balanced perspective of risk and reward, and mitigate risk as appropriate
- Customer Management Serve as primary contact for Customers and other key sponsors, present a knowledgeable, efficient, and professional image by handling business in a respectful and professional demeanor, and excel in the following activities:
- Customer Advisor - Rise to the level of trusted advisor to our customers, with respect to customer's performance, industry revenue cycle trends, and new revenue cycle technologies.
- Relationship Management Facilitate and maintain relationships through regular, pro-active communication, timely follow-through on requests and coordination of resources to meet client needs
- Provide subject matter expertise to internal team members and business units, such as Billing IT/IS, IBS, Training, BPO, etc.
- Hire, lead, coach, mentor, conduct performance reviews, make salary and promotion recommendations, discipline as necessary.
- Designs new tools, processes and systems to improve product management capabilities.
- Assist in management of department budget, travel and operational cost management
If direct report positions are listed below, the following responsibilities will be performed in accordance with guidelines, policies and procedures and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Direct Reports (titles) 2-5 Managers
Indirect Reports (titles) 10-15 AnalystsQualifications: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrated success prioritizing and delivering multiple competing projects
- Outstanding communication, presentation, facilitation and negotiation skills
Conifer requires its candidates, as applicable and as permitted by law, to obtain and provide confirmation of all required vaccinations and screenings prior to the start of employment. This may include, but is not limited to, the COVID-19 vaccination, influenza vaccination, and/or any future required vaccines and screenings. EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of Compliance and regulatory billing and collection practices
- Strong knowledge of UB-04 and 837i/p requirements, X transaction requirements and NUBC standards
- Knowledge of AR/Patient Accounting management technology tools being utilized to deliver on key performance metrics and improve cost/EBITA
- Strong collaboration and persuasion skills to coordinate work efforts across multiple departments
- Ability to work and coordinate workforces across multiple geographic locations
- Leadership skills to motivate employees to excellence
- Proven ability to execute on operational initiatives to drive results
- Strong presentation and communication skills, with the ability to communicate to a wide range of audiences from senior executives to front-line employees
- Ability to analyze data among multiple reports to determine areas for opportunity
- Advanced knowledge of process metrics (cycle times, attrition rates, etc.) and how they can be used in the healthcare revenue cycle environment
- Knowledge of healthcare regulatory rules and how they apply to revenue cycle operations and outsourcing service providers
- Microsoft Excel, Access, Visio, etc...
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience preferred to perform the job.
- Excellent working knowledge of Revenue Cycle Operations and/or Revenue Cycle processes including, but not limited to Patient Registration, Medicaid Eligibility, Billing Process, Accounts receivable Follow up, Transactional posting, Denial Management and Patient Collections
- BA/BS Preferred or 5-10 years of Healthcare Revenue Cycle Experience
Include minimum certification required to perform the job. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work in sitting position, use computer and answer telephone
- Ability to travel
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. TRAVEL
- Approximately 30% travel may be required